The Adventures of Poppet & Other Stories

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Bikerbeth

Frustration is definitely high this week. Adding to the frustration of shops being out of stock on wipes, my milk and bread :( To top it off ... the clippers I ordered, waited six days for and finally collected today ... are absolutely rubbish. Couldn’t cut butter

Big brother is being marginally more sensible. He’s had a video follow up with the GP, (how do they test his BP on a video call???). He’s been told “gentle exercise”. Seems he is now accepting this.

Wow. So at least half the house is done and you’ve sorted the garden enough to plant food. Give yourself a pat on the back ... or a large glass of wine (or whatever your tipple is).

Yay. Meet up is possible ...

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
It's the quality of the image in terms of number of pixels used

HD high definition ~3.0Gb/hr
SD standard definition ~0.7Gb/hr

Easiest way to change definition is using the control on the player, for BBC use the cogwheel, for players with no control it gets more difficult
2020-04-22_213006.png

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Sorry to hear the frustrating incidents have increased and I hope they ‘clear off’ soon.
Seems a little more positive with your brother though if he is listening.
I’ll take the pat on the back thanks and perhaps an extra one as I now have Mum’s LPA registered with 2 financial institutions

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m using the App, settings are at the top and there isn’t any “video quality” listed anywhere

I may / may not check it out if I can get onto someone’s Wifi, but it’s not high on my list. I might watch a few hours an evening, but not every night, if my data gets low, I read a book.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I have enough milk for three to four days if coffee ... after that ... don’t anyone talk to me ... :rolleyes:

well done you. I told one bank I had the LPA but wasn’t registering with them until I needed to as they would close her account and open a new one, which I didn’t want. The other I ignored as they were pretty useless and it would just confuse them :rolleyes:

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I can’t do mornings without coffee with milk. Only just started drinking tea again after packing it up for many years

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I can’t do mornings without coffee with milk. Only just started drinking tea again after packing it up for many years
I don’t do awake without coffee ... I take my tea black, so I can do that if out of visiting friends, but it’s not my drink of choice.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Yep coffee strong x 3 before I function . Mum got up when I was still on cup 1 this morning so actress skills were in place . That’s brill that the gp has managed to get through to big brother , maybe it is another man thing or he just knows the buttons to push but it’s mighty handy . Better luck for milk soon. Big hugs to you and pooch . X

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Talking of TV box sets - have you seen BBC's "Line of Duty"? It's very good, particularly the first two series but may not be the mindless watch you are thinking of as you have to pay attention!

I always find "Escape to the Country" or "Location" pleasant distractions.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m in the fortunate position of being able to isolate my grump with only Pooch to witness until I’ve caffeinated myself in the morning. I top up all day long

I suspect it’s “person who knows what they are talking about” more than “little sister” waffling on. I’m just pleased the GP has said the same as I’ve been saying @Woo2

I just could not face shopping again today ... they had better have milk when I go tomorrow, or there could be ructions

Ta for the hugs, I’ve chilled today so I’m not so stressey Planning an easy dinner and possibly an early night ....

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Have you tried going to
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer .
in your browser?

The 4G router should be giving out a wifi signal just like a land line router.
I‘ve downloaded the App as I’m viewing on the iPad, it’s easier than messing with the laptop or attempting to set up the TV. I can also watch it on the sofa, in bed or even outside if the mood takes me! The advantages of WiFi are amazing

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m almost at the end of Spooks @nita , so I’ll see if I can find Line of Duty, I think I watched some if it before, so it’s one to look out for Thank you for the reminder

Escape to the Country, Under the Hammer, Love it or List it were my mindless, idea collecting programmes. My dreaming of buying a house fantasy watch

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’ve spent the morning (I was up just after 7!), tidying up. Three loads of laundry and then rewarded myself with a few hours reading in the sunshine. Bliss

I’ve also continued my attempt to give Pooch a haircut. I not doing too badly, his face is a little lopsided as he refused to sit, stand or lie so I could get at the other side for more than two or theee snips at a time. There is always tomorrow

He is such a good little Pooch. He lay stretched out, with his face in my lap and I untangled, then trimmed as far down his back as I could reach. He went to sleep while I was doing it :eek: I’ll never make a dog groomer, but I don’t think I’ve done too badly

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Well done Sam, Another string good your bow, Dog Groomer. Yes, done it in my time, but always pleased when one of my cousins (semi professional) did it - and so was the dog!

Havemercy

Oct 8, 2012
I’m almost at the end of Spooks @nita , so I’ll see if I can find Line of Duty, I think I watched some if it before, so it’s one to look out for Thank you for the reminder

Escape to the Country, Under the Hammer, Love it or List it were my mindless, idea collecting programmes. My dreaming of buying a house fantasy watch
I've just discovered Escape to the Chateau DIY - on channel 4 or 5 weekdays.
Fabulous programme about British people who buy french chateaux and do them up - I'm in awe of some of these people and it has inspired me to get on with stuff to our house. Highly recommended Sam if you are ever in need of a good watch.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Well done Sam, Another string good your bow, Dog Groomer. Yes, done it in my time, but always pleased when one of my cousins (semi professional) did it - and so was the dog!
I will be much happier when the real Sam can take over and Pooch can look smart again.