1. citybythesea

citybythesea Registered User

Mar 23, 2008
    coast of texas
    Just wanted to say thank you for all the sentiments, they are so well recieved here. I love you all. I'm glad I found you before mom died. I apologize if at times some of you feel that maybe a sentiment should come from this way...I'm still learning how to cnvey those...

This week went well and I wanted to let you all know that there wis a study going on about early mental treatments and their cause in Alzheimers. Mom had some problems in the early 50's and had a few treatments. I released her current medical records and gave the study the lettersf from the dr. along with a release for those records. They are crossing their fingers that they still exist and that with those records and scans that were done on mom over the past years they might be able to see if there is a correlation.

I only hope that this is not for naught.

HUGS

Nancy

PS...Moms death will not keep me from helping and listeniong to those of you here. YOu are like my second family.

2. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Dear Nancy,
    So glad you are still staying with us. We need each other and you can still give us valueable advice as someone who has done the full course.
    As I wait daily for the phone call about Peter who is in the last stage, you have added so much wisdom.
    God Bless
    Christine

3. lesmisralbles

lesmisralbles Account Closed

Nov 23, 2007
    We are both thinking of youXX
    Barb & RonXX

4. Margaret W

Margaret W Registered User

Apr 28, 2007
    North Derbyshire
    Dear Nancy, it sounds like you are providing some research material which will certainly be useful if the records can be found.

Good on you. It could help sufferers in the future.

Love and best wishes

Margaret

5. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    Thank YOU, Nancy, for sharing your feelings of peace, love and acceptance - and hope for the future - in such a moment.

6. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Nancy, thank you for your post, I was wondering how you were. It sounds as if you have been busy, and I'm sure your mum's records will be useful. Fingers crossed that they find them!

So glad you're staying with us,

love,

7. Mameeskye

Mameeskye Registered User

Aug 9, 2007
    NZ
    Hi Nancy

Glad you are feeling positive. If something gives hope of a respite for this illness it is wonderful.

Also glad you are sticking around. I still feel I am around friends here, who know what my life has been like for the past few months and can understand when occasionally things get tough.

I hope that I can return some of the support that was given to me during the dark days at the start of this year.

((((((((((hugs))))))))

Love

Mameeskye

8. DeborahBlythe

DeborahBlythe Registered User

Dec 1, 2006
    Dear Nancy,
    Thanks for staying with us and for continuing to support people affected by dementia. It's very thoughtful of you. Love Deborah