Thanx for the ..

citybythesea

Mar 23, 2008
coast of texas
Just wanted to say thank you for all the sentiments, they are so well recieved here. I love you all. I'm glad I found you before mom died. I apologize if at times some of you feel that maybe a sentiment should come from this way...I'm still learning how to cnvey those...

This week went well and I wanted to let you all know that there wis a study going on about early mental treatments and their cause in Alzheimers. Mom had some problems in the early 50's and had a few treatments. I released her current medical records and gave the study the lettersf from the dr. along with a release for those records. They are crossing their fingers that they still exist and that with those records and scans that were done on mom over the past years they might be able to see if there is a correlation.

I only hope that this is not for naught.

HUGS

Nancy

PS...Moms death will not keep me from helping and listeniong to those of you here. YOu are like my second family.

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Nancy,
So glad you are still staying with us. We need each other and you can still give us valueable advice as someone who has done the full course.
As I wait daily for the phone call about Peter who is in the last stage, you have added so much wisdom.
God Bless
Christine

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Dear Nancy, it sounds like you are providing some research material which will certainly be useful if the records can be found.

Good on you. It could help sufferers in the future.

Love and best wishes

Margaret

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Nancy said:
Mom left me this morning. No longer are the duties of her comfort in my hands. She is at peace after a hard battle.
There are no tears of sorrow, only tears of joy knowing that she is now in the comfort of arms of the one who loves her most.
This morning I sit in her room contemplating the life she had and the life that will now come into this world.
Her great grandbaby is on the way and with this sorrow she will have passed on the ability to love and go on without her.

Thank YOU, Nancy, for sharing your feelings of peace, love and acceptance - and hope for the future - in such a moment.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Nancy, thank you for your post, I was wondering how you were. It sounds as if you have been busy, and I'm sure your mum's records will be useful. Fingers crossed that they find them!

So glad you're staying with us,

love,

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Hi Nancy

Glad you are feeling positive. If something gives hope of a respite for this illness it is wonderful.

Also glad you are sticking around. I still feel I am around friends here, who know what my life has been like for the past few months and can understand when occasionally things get tough.

I hope that I can return some of the support that was given to me during the dark days at the start of this year.

((((((((((hugs))))))))

Love

Mameeskye

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Nancy,
Thanks for staying with us and for continuing to support people affected by dementia. It's very thoughtful of you. Love Deborah

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamieF7