1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

take a look further down

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by TED, Jul 31, 2007.

1. TED

TED Registered User

Sep 14, 2004
    Middlesex
    Hello all

Feel i need to highlight a thread which is hidden down in the fundraisers forum, has had very few 'hits' compared to many on here and could really do with some comment and suggestions.

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/TalkingPoint/Discuss/showthread.php?p=86480#post86480

Someone has gone to the trouble of organising a gig for World Alzheimers Day and the least we can do is show some support here.

At least make them feel as though the are not being ignored

thanks for your time

Regards
    TED

ps - mods, apologies for hijacking another part of the forum, but felt it was necessary as unable to move / link the post in any other way.

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Hi Ted

I understand some sections of the board are less popular than others, and don`t get as many hits.

I always go to New Posts, and so see all new posts from every section.

3. TED

TED Registered User

Sep 14, 2004
    Middlesex
    indeed you might do that, i doubt the majority do though

judging by the number of viewers to the top most section, and the number of hits and replies that are registered here as opposed to other sections.

Hence my note, the proof of this pudding will be to look later at the thread in question and see the additional activity (i hope)

Just trying to help out and make use of the most valuable resource we have at hand >> "each other !"

Cheers
    TED

4. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Ted
    nice to see you again,how are things now?
    Norman

5. alfjess

alfjess Registered User

Jul 10, 2006
    south lanarkshire
    Hi Ted

You certainly made me read the thread.

But I'm afraid it hasn't done your concert much good, because I haven't a clue how to help, much as I would like to.

I would buy tickets, even though I couldn't make the event.

Let me know, if tickets are available online or what.

Alfjess

6. TED

TED Registered User

Sep 14, 2004
    Middlesex
    Just to nip something into the bud straight away
    this is NOT my concert, it was merely something i thougth should be supported by us in many ways. That was all...the links are there to the gentlemen who's idea it is to promote the gig/venue.

But thanks for taking the time to go and look
    much appreciated
    TED