Struggling to cope.

AnnRuth@

Mar 3, 2024
AnnRuth@ I'm struggling to cope with sleepless nights due to my husband getting up many times a night and querying when are we going home for hours on end during the day.

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
Hello @AnnRuth@ . It might be an idea to discuss this with the GP as there are some meds that can help. You could also talk with the Admiral Nurses who have lots of knowledge in this area.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Nothing worse than being a 24/7 carer and never getting just one night's sleep a week. Just 8 hours straight, isn't too much to ask for one in seven nights is it, I think not you deserve a break if you feel that is the best option for both of you.
K

AnnRuth@

Mar 3, 2024
Thank you I will do both. I just don't know how to convince him we live in the house we are sitting in. It's almost like he becomes a different person early evening. It's very hard to cope with.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Thank you I will do both. I just don't know how to convince him we live in the house we are sitting in. It's almost like he becomes a different person early evening. It's very hard to cope with.
@AnnRuth@ What you have just described is Sundowning and it is so hard to deal with. I have attached a link which might help you to understand it better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Story