Staying in the house?

Jamesw46

Sep 11, 2019
Interesting....just read the fact sheets and gov website. It does not matter where your council is, they all offer the same (not sure re Scotland) if the sufferer is in receipt of a qualifying benefit such as Attendance allowance, dla, pip etc they are disregarded so a single person living on their own who has been signed off by gp as mentally impaired pays no council tax.
If living with a partner there is a 25per cent discount from the bill.
If living with a carer then there is no council tax to pay!!
Thanks to you all for starting this thread as it appears that should mum's attendance allowance come through I will save over 100 a month!! Oh if that is the situation it would be lovely
I would love that if that's the case,I'm struggling

Goldleaf88

Jul 30, 2018
Interesting....just read the fact sheets and gov website. It does not matter where your council is, they all offer the same (not sure re Scotland) if the sufferer is in receipt of a qualifying benefit such as Attendance allowance, dla, pip etc they are disregarded so a single person living on their own who has been signed off by gp as mentally impaired pays no council tax.
Thanks to you all for starting this thread as it appears that should mum's attendance allowance come through I will save over 100 a month!! Oh if that is the situation it would be lovely
This is my understanding too. Fingers crossed, it all goes smoothly. And yep, backdated would be very nice too.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
You might even get it back dated.

My Mum is still getting council tax back dated from Dads diagnosis in 2016 - as Mum just ignored all the post!!!
God help us all if I have to apply for refunds from 2014 & her original diagnosis that I knew nothing of!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathyann