State pension payments

Purple28

Jun 26, 2024
Hello all, we've just had a diagnosis for my dad. His finances are in a bit if a state...he is just over £3000 in rent arrears, owes almost that on credit cards and in debt to gas and electricity. I've located his private pension which will help clear these.
However, after not seeing his state pension enter his account I have called them to register him. But he is registed which means it is being paid into an account that I can not find. I was hoping to set up a direct debit from his pension to his rent and utility bills.
Together we have called the state pension to find out which bank it is being paid into but this is a security breach.
Any ideas on how I can locate the missing payments? He must have another bank account for which I am unable to find the paper work for.
Does anyone have experience of this?

Many thanks

My Mum's Daughter

Feb 8, 2020
Hello all, we've just had a diagnosis for my dad. His finances are in a bit if a state...he is just over £3000 in rent arrears, owes almost that on credit cards and in debt to gas and electricity. I've located his private pension which will help clear these.
However, after not seeing his state pension enter his account I have called them to register him. But he is registed which means it is being paid into an account that I can not find. I was hoping to set up a direct debit from his pension to his rent and utility bills.
Together we have called the state pension to find out which bank it is being paid into but this is a security breach.
Any ideas on how I can locate the missing payments? He must have another bank account for which I am unable to find the paper work for.
Does anyone have experience of this?

Many thanks
You can apply to be his appointee for his benefits

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Mmm not sure about finding out where it has gone bar writing to them…going forward it is easy to change the payments into an account you have. Write a letter giving the new account details and ask him to sign.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Without appointeeship however you can still change the payments into a new account ..as long as he can still sign a letter. Any of us can change the details of our benefit payment accounts,
Appointeeship takes months….well it did the last time I did it but that was prior to covid.

CAB may also have encountered this scenario before and be able to help.

perhaps also search high and low in the house for any scrap of relevant paperwork!

A headache you can no doubt do without!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harrymarshallbrooks@gmail