SOCIAL SERVICES DELAYED CARE HOME FEES .....

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
Hello everyone, I'm really not sure where to post this! But here goes. Out of the blue I have received an email from SS saying that we owe them over £15,000 for my late mother's care! Whilst she was alive it was never finalised that she was a full fee payer! I've not been very well and am having to take a step back from things then I receive this. I'm having to go through dates as SS have got some dates wrong when my mum was admitted to hospital after breaking her hip at the CH. She never went back ... How can they do this? It's been nearly 2 years since I lost my mum. This is bringing back all the bad memories associated when I went to visit her when she had just broken her hip. The CH did not inform me.

Why can't the universe just give me one thing to deal with regarding my mum. Its never ending. What do I do? I've already contacted the council as they were charging 7 weeks CH fees whilst mum was in hospital and they have reduced the bill. I feel like the nightmare is restarting all over again.

leny connery

Nov 13, 2022
Hello everyone, I'm really not sure where to post this! But here goes. Out of the blue I have received an email from SS saying that we owe them over £15,000 for my late mother's care! Whilst she was alive it was never finalised that she was a full fee payer! I've not been very well and am having to take a step back from things then I receive this. I'm having to go through dates as SS have got some dates wrong when my mum was admitted to hospital after breaking her hip at the CH. She never went back ... How can they do this? It's been nearly 2 years since I lost my mum. This is bringing back all the bad memories associated when I went to visit her when she had just broken her hip. The CH did not inform me.

Why can't the universe just give me one thing to deal with regarding my mum. Its never ending. What do I do? I've already contacted the council as they were charging 7 weeks CH fees whilst mum was in hospital and they have reduced the bill. I feel like the nightmare is restarting all over again.

leny connery

Nov 13, 2022
speechless! 2 years? that really is a bolt from the blue. I am sure you can and will be succesful in fighting it, but who needs this> Good luck and big hug

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Oh @Roman223 - this truly is horrendous for you to cope with on top of everything else.

Surely the money was owed to your mothers estate which has now been resolved…

I have found the CAB to be very effective in dealing with SS costs. Perhaps consider booking an appointment with them? For my friend they took over all communication with the council which really helped.

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
sdmhred: My mother's estate paid out some care costs to SS related to when carers were coming to the home to supposedly look after mum! (But they didn't). It is a bit of a mess ... CAB where I live don't seem to help, haven't don't since COVID! thanks for your reply.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Oh @Roman223 you really do not need this. I do not know enough to advise you but would suggest that you contact the Dementia Support Line for advice. I have attached a link here.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @Roman223,

I'm sorry to read this could you contact AgeUK to see if they can cope. Maybe an advocate can help. If SS contact you again ask them why they took so long and tell them how it's made you feel.

(((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

MaNaAk

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
Dear @Roman223,

I'm sorry to read this could you contact AgeUK to see if they can cope. Maybe an advocate can help. If SS contact you again ask them why they took so long and tell them how it's made you feel.

(((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

MaNaAk

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
MaNaAk: thank you. I will do what I can. I just do not have the strength and the head to cope with doing this at the moment. I have been suffering with pain and pressure at the back of my head and around my eyes, so I'm not able to do a lot. x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLockwood