1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. tuffydawn

tuffydawn Registered User

Mar 30, 2015
    daughter in terrible mental state last night on phone put it on loud speaker so he could hear how bad she is after 45 mins call ended and i put my head in my hands and shook looked at him and he is still doing his crossword no emotion nothing no concern for her or me said nothing!!!! still hasn't i walked away as felt like i could stab him there and then feel ashamed i felt like that but how could he feel nothing and show no concern so alone with it all

2. Bill Owen

Bill Owen Registered User

Feb 17, 2014
    BRIDGEND
    Been there

my wife has lewy body. I look after her 24 /7. Show no feeling . I felt all alone has well . You will get uses to it . Im dislxs so by with me .

3. nannylondon

nannylondon Registered User

Apr 7, 2014
    London
    I know how you feel

Hi don't be ashamed you are only human we all get angry even when we know it the illnes s we are so stressed with caring that we are bound to get angry and I hope your daughter is ok you did the right thing walking away