Smart Device

GD91

Jun 3, 2024
Hi everyone! Im new here, my mum has had a recent diagnosis of Early Onset Alzheimers. She had a visit from her local clinic last week and the nurse suggested a smart device that would support her at home. My mum said she doesnt know what the name was but that it displays time/date and will say random general knowledge facts as she walks past it? Also that she can tell it things to remember and it will remind her. Does anyone know what this could be? She already has an Alexa but apparently it's different to that? Any help greatly received!
Thank you! X

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
It could be an Alexa quiz opened by 'Alexa, play me XXXXX quiz' and the walking past bit an accidental red herring.

SMBeach

Apr 19, 2020
Hi everyone! Im new here, my mum has had a recent diagnosis of Early Onset Alzheimers. She had a visit from her local clinic last week and the nurse suggested a smart device that would support her at home. My mum said she doesnt know what the name was but that it displays time/date and will say random general knowledge facts as she walks past it? Also that she can tell it things to remember and it will remind her. Does anyone know what this could be? She already has an Alexa but apparently it's different to that? Any help greatly received!
Thank you! X
An Alexa will tell her the time if she asks it. And the date and lots of other stuff. You can also set it up to answer with preset responses and questions. I did this for dad so he can ask Alexa where he is. Or where’s my daughter. Etc etc. Alexa can also be asked to remind your mum of stuff. So she can just “Alexa, remind me eastenders is on at 7pm” etc.

I have a MyHomehelper screen where you can send messages to it. It displays time and date.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennyDav