Review a free copy of Travellers to Unimaginable Lands

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
For their next pick, our magazine’s book group will be reading Travellers to Unimaginable Lands.

In this book, Dasha Kiper explores the psychology of caregiving, and why caring for people with dementia can be so difficult. She dispels the myth of the 'perfect carer', opening the door to understanding and forgiveness.

Are you interested in reading this book and telling the magazine team what you think of it before 2 September?

They have books for up to five people to review - your choice of either a paperback copy (if you’re in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man or Channel Islands) or a PDF to read on screen.

You can comment on any aspects you like, but they’ll also provide helpful prompts. They’ll then draw on your comments in the October/November magazine’s ‘book group’ article.

Email magazine@alzheimers.org.uk or post below to express your interest and to find out more.

Thanks everyone :)

71cXbkJbRgL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
I’d love to - can you pass on to the magazine team for me? They asked me for the last book but I didn’t have time then.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
@HarrietD The magazine team has already been in contact with me asking for my address.

Just to say again to our members, I listened to a series of podcasts linked to this book, and they were very interesting and informative. Sometimes uplifting and sometimes so sad. I have not read the book before but based on the podcasts I am looking forward to it, and would encourage others to consider reading and reviewing.

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Sorry @SeaSwallow, that was my bad for not realising! I'm really glad to hear you found the podcasts linked to the book interesting and informative. Really interested to hear what you and others think of the book!

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deirdra