Results….

wenrho

Nov 4, 2023
No idea what to do. Consultant suspect early start of dementia for my wife (that said consultant also said she could be wrong) my wife stopped the ACE111 test after the fourth question. Now I’ve been told hospital are sending sensitive letter to my wife re her assessment and they will send a detailed one to her GP….if my wife suspects this assessment was all about her memory she will never forgive me and if she sees GP and they tell her suspected dementia she will be so upset and taken aback as she believes she is fine. Please advise as I really don’t know what to do. My wife doesn’t want to go to any more appointments and says she doesn’t want to know anything. She’s happy me me to manage all her medical and care information. We have LPOA which is in her GP records. I’m sick with worry if she get a letter arriving and reads it.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @wenrho

My OH gets copies of letters to the GP sent to him too and they usually make him very angry, because he doesnt believe what they say. So now, I intercept all the post and squirrel away anything medically related so that he doesnt see it.

wenrho

Nov 4, 2023
Hello @wenrho

My OH gets copies of letters to the GP sent to him too and they usually make him very angry, because he doesnt believe what they say. So now, I intercept all the post and squirrel away anything medically related so that he doesnt see it.
I think its dreadful especially when GP’s & hospital staff are made aware of the detrimental effect this can cause on some people

JoannePat

Jan 24, 2019
Hi, as you have POA can you ask that all correspondence is addressed to you because of the effect it has on her. Or as @canary says, squirrel them away.

Joanne x

wenrho

Nov 4, 2023
Hi, as you have POA can you ask that all correspondence is addressed to you because of the effect it has on her. Or as @canary says, squirrel them away.

Joanne x
Thank you. I explained to hospital I had LPOA but they said because my wife didn’t give permission then it had to go to her directly. I question LOPA if I can’t protect my wife from upset

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Phone the PALS department of the hospital and request the letter isn’t sent To her? I think there can be flexibility on these things - especially in the area of mental health.

wenrho

Nov 4, 2023
Phone the PALS department of the hospital and request the letter isn’t sent To her? I think there can be flexibility on these things - especially in the area of mental health.
Thank you, Im going to do that x