Remembering The Week 6th June 2019 - 12th June 2019

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Thankyou @jennifer1967. I did get a bit emotional earlier when I posted a reply to "Pics". I think mum and dad would have liked the new photo frame.

MaNaAk

💔❤️‍🩹❤️
its very pretty and i like the coloured pieces. its emotional as anniversary and not that amount of years either. are you doing something later, a takeaway maybe?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
its very pretty and i like the coloured pieces. its emotional as anniversary and not that amount of years either. are you doing something later, a takeaway maybe?
Dear @jennifer1967,

Yes I've got my pupils and the orchestra to take my mind off things and on Father's Day I hope to go to my local Theatre Café for lunch again where I thought I was going to take dad all those years ago. In the evening I will get a takeaway from his favourite Indian restaurant like we did five years ago but on Saturday I shall be going to the Southend Chamber Music Club Concert.

Once again I want to thank all my lovely friends here for their support.

Thankyou all very much

MaNaAk

SkyeD

Oct 3, 2022
Hope the weekend goes well for you @MaNaAk and that you can form some more good memories to treasure.

It's a year tomorrow since my mum died, 15th would have been my dad's birthday, 16th is my birthday plus Father's Day. Trying to remember all of the great times and none of the bad.

Enjoy your lunch, takeaway, and concert.
S x

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dear @jennifer1967,

Yes I've got my pupils and the orchestra to take my mind off things and on Father's Day I hope to go to my local Theatre Café for lunch again where I thought I was going to take dad all those years ago. In the evening I will get a takeaway from his favourite Indian restaurant like we did five years ago but on Saturday I shall be going to the Southend Chamber Music Club Concert.

Once again I want to thank all my lovely friends here for their support.

Thankyou all very much

MaNaAk
busy weekend keep you distracted and out of mischief!!!! enjoy it all!!!!:);)

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good evening everyone!

I am on my way to rehearsal now but I just wanted to say my first flat after leaving my home of thirty-eight wasn't in a very good part of this city but I was very happy and I made some good friends with the neighbours!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good evening everyone!

I am on my way to rehearsal now but I just wanted to say my first flat after leaving my home of thirty-eight wasn't in a very good part of this city but I was very happy and I made some good friends with the neighbours!

MaNaAk
I don't think it matters, it's the people that make up the neighbourhood. We are in a deprived neighbourhood but it's the people and I wouldn't want to be in a better area. It's what you make it.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good morning @jennifer1967,

I remember when I studied in Chichester and I stayed with a couple of landladies on a council estate. One of my friends lived nearby and he said that he lives in the worst part of Chichester giving me an impression an impression that he comes from a very posh place. I asked him where he came from and he said Tunbridge Wells which is beautiful but you're right it's the people you live with.

I spoke to the eldest of my brothers last night and the phone call was okay although certain subjects were avoided

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967,

I remember when I studied in Chichester and I stayed with a couple of landladies on a council estate. One of my friends lived nearby and he said that he lives in the worst part of Chichester giving me an impression an impression that he comes from a very posh place. I asked him where he came from and he said Tunbridge Wells which is beautiful but you're right it's the people you live with.

I spoke to the eldest of my brothers last night and the phone call was okay although certain subjects were avoided

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk i wouldnt like to live somewhere posh. i was brought up in a council estate and have always lived on one. i wouldnt feel comfortable and an outsider. living up to other peoples expectation is too much like hard work

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Hi @MaNaAk and @jennifer1967 - rich or poor, there is no substitute for caring, nice, pleasant neighbours - makes all the difference. Can't get on with everyone, and don't expect to - and vice versa of course - but it's always, in my view, the people not the things. We have our street "big lunch" on Sat - we all lunch together in street. Usually fun, subject to the weather.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hi @MaNaAk and @jennifer1967 - rich or poor, there is no substitute for caring, nice, pleasant neighbours - makes all the difference. Can't get on with everyone, and don't expect to - and vice versa of course - but it's always, in my view, the people not the things. We have our street "big lunch" on Sat - we all lunch together in street. Usually fun, subject to the weather.
Praying for good weather 🙏!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hope the weekend goes well for you @MaNaAk and that you can form some more good memories to treasure.

It's a year tomorrow since my mum died, 15th would have been my dad's birthday, 16th is my birthday plus Father's Day. Trying to remember all of the great times and none of the bad.

Enjoy your lunch, takeaway, and concert.
S x
Dear @SkyeD,

I know you're thinking about your dear mum today. Be kind to yourself and do something for yourself as well.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

MaNaAk ❤️

SkyeD

Oct 3, 2022
Dear @SkyeD,

I know you're thinking about your dear mum today. Be kind to yourself and do something for yourself as well.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

MaNaAk ❤️
Thanks @MaNaAk

I haven't really done much today other than a few household chores, a bit of pampering, and some chillout time. My other half was out in a fishing match. We're having my other half's family over at the weekend (at different times) to celebrate birthday and Father's Day. Then next weekend we're off for a fortnight's holiday, which can't come soon enough.
S x

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Father's Day 16th June 2024

Thinking of you dad. I will be buying some flowers later.

Love

MaNaAk