• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

Recommendations for easy mobile with photos for contacts

April100

Nov 13, 2016
Hello everyone
If you have any experience of mobile phones for elderly people with dementia, I'd be glad of some help.

I am looking for a very basic phone . texts not needed I just want to be able to call my mother. I am pretty sure she could get the green button to answer. I am also hoping to fins one where contacts (it would only be 2) were displayed by photo. I have seen online there is the Doro 7010 and the Doro 8035

Thanks, Alex

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The Doro phones are good for simplicity but I haven`t had any experience of the phones you have searched @April100. I hope someone else may have had more experience.

Welcome to Dementia Talking Point. :)

April100

Nov 13, 2016
The Doro phones are good for simplicity but I haven`t had any experience of the phones you have searched @April100. I hope someone else may have had more experience.

Welcome to Dementia Talking Point. :)
Thanks for your reply.
I continued researching and found something called 'big Button phones. One is arriving tomorrow. so I hope it will do what we want.