Recommendations for easy mobile with photos for contacts

April100

Nov 13, 2016
Hello everyone
If you have any experience of mobile phones for elderly people with dementia, I'd be glad of some help.

I am looking for a very basic phone . texts not needed I just want to be able to call my mother. I am pretty sure she could get the green button to answer. I am also hoping to fins one where contacts (it would only be 2) were displayed by photo. I have seen online there is the Doro 7010 and the Doro 8035

Thanks, Alex

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The Doro phones are good for simplicity but I haven`t had any experience of the phones you have searched @April100. I hope someone else may have had more experience.

Welcome to Dementia Talking Point. :)

April100

Nov 13, 2016
The Doro phones are good for simplicity but I haven`t had any experience of the phones you have searched @April100. I hope someone else may have had more experience.

Welcome to Dementia Talking Point. :)
Thanks for your reply.
I continued researching and found something called 'big Button phones. One is arriving tomorrow. so I hope it will do what we want.

ToscaZ

Sep 2, 2020
Hello everyone
If you have any experience of mobile phones for elderly people with dementia, I'd be glad of some help.

I am looking for a very basic phone . texts not needed I just want to be able to call my mother. I am pretty sure she could get the green button to answer. I am also hoping to fins one where contacts (it would only be 2) were displayed by photo. I have seen online there is the Doro 7010 and the Doro 8035

Thanks, Alex

ToscaZ

Sep 2, 2020
Hi
I am a new member and care for my husband who is 79 and in the Moderate stage of Alzheimer's. I bought him a Doro 580 - the one with the 4 big buttons. It works OK as far as making the 4 set numbers and receiving calls, once you have fiddled with setting it up, but I really wanted it as a tracker but I am having difficulty working out how to get the tracker up and running. I wonder if there is is anyone out there who can help.

I wish now that I had just bought a tracker watch. Has anyone used one of those?

ToscaZ