Reality bites-this is not how I thought it would be

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by tre, Dec 8, 2015.

1. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    I am so sorry tre (((hugs)))

What a thoughtful man your husband was.

2. fizzie

fizzie Registered User

Jul 20, 2011
    Tre I will think of you over the coming weeks. I hope that you find some peace and rest now that David is at peace at last and what a wonderful legacy he has left xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3. bemused1

bemused1 Registered User

Mar 4, 2012
    Tre this was fast. Please accept my condolences. A great loss but a peaceful end as we would all wish for our loved ones.
    You have many memories to cherish and the strength you have devoted to David will carry you onwards.
    Rest in peace David.

4. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Thinking of you at this sad time xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Attached Files:

5. jeany123

jeany123 Registered User

Mar 24, 2012
    Durham
    Thinking of you xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

6. meme

meme Registered User

Aug 29, 2011
    Female
    London
    So sorry for your sad loss...you made sure David had a "good" death and that will give you strength in the time ahead

7. angecmc

angecmc Registered User

Dec 25, 2012
    hertfordshire
    I am sorry for your loss, so glad he was surrounded by his family. Take care of yourself xx

Ange

8. sleepless

sleepless Registered User

Feb 19, 2010
    Female
    The Sweet North
    David must have been a good man, your devotion to his welfare and steadfast care of him could only mean that he has been a wonderful husband.
    His death has been so sudden, but you worked so hard to make sure he was at home with you, knowing how confusing a hospital environment would be for him, and I feel sure this will be a great comfort to you always.
    How thoughtful of David to donate tissue to research, thinking of others.
    I hope you can rest tre, and are well supported as you face the coming days and weeks of funeral and other things to be done.
    Wishing you comfort as you grieve,
    Sleepless xx

9. stanleypj

stanleypj Registered User

Dec 8, 2011
    North West
    So sorry to hear of your sad loss tre. But a peaceful death surrounded by family is what many would hope for. I wish you strength in the no doubt difficult days ahead.

10. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    I'm so sorry Tre. My thoughts & prayers are with you all xx

11. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    So sorry for your loss of your husband Tre, but glad for you that he had such a peaceful death, surrounded by those he loved. xx

12. nannylondon

nannylondon Registered User

Apr 7, 2014
    London
    So sorry for your loss Tre my deepest condolences to you and your family xxx

13. nita

nita Registered User

Dec 30, 2011
    Female
    Essex
    I'm sorry to hear of your sad loss, tre. I apologise for my post - I didn't take in how serious things were and hoped it was just a temporary change.

Thinking of you.

14. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Tre I'm so sorry to read of David's passing. I'm so glad it was peaceful and that he was surrounded by his family. Sending my sincere condolences and wishing you strength for the days and weeks to come. I hope you find some comfort in sharing your thoughts with those of us here on TP. x

15. tre

tre Registered User

Sep 23, 2008
    Herts
    Nita - do not worry about your post - I had hoped it was a temporary blip too. Everything happened so fast.

Thank you all for your kindness.

I went out for a short walk today which made me remember a really happy time with David on New Years Eve at the millennium. I have been past the place where this happened many times since but today is the first time I thought of this for years.

Tre

16. Spiro

Spiro Registered User

Mar 11, 2012
    Tre, I'm sorry to read about your husband's passing, but glad he was surrounded by his family at the end. I hope you will gain strength from your happy memories.

17. Witzend

Witzend Registered User

Aug 29, 2007
    SW London
    I am so sorry to hear your sad news. x

18. CeliaThePoet

CeliaThePoet Registered User

Dec 7, 2013
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    I'm so sorry, tre.

19. MrsTerryN

MrsTerryN Registered User

Dec 17, 2012
    Sorry to hear

20. Blimey

Blimey Registered User

Jun 6, 2012
    Sounds such a horrible place to be.. you are suffering, as is David, he is so lucky to have you there for him and you are coping even when it seems such a hugh ask. I hope things improve for you real soon it is hardly surprising you are upset.