Reality bites-this is not how I thought it would be

Beetroot

Aug 19, 2015
I nursed my husband at home to the end. It's tough, exhausting and heart breaking, but you will never regret it; I found that was a comfort of sorts. Thinking of you.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Oh, tre. I'm so sorry this has happened so quickly. You're a brave and strong lady, and I'm sure your courage and strength won't fail you now. We are all here, holding you in our arms, when you need us. xx

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
David has made it through the night. His elder son is flying in from Spain this morning and he younger son drove up yesterday. Hospice overnight nurse was really comforting but there is no cover tonight but I will manage.
Thank you all for being there
Tre

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I will be thinking of you today tre, Im pleased the hospice nurse was there during the night for you both,

Jeany x

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Thinking of you tre, and hoping that David is comfortable and peaceful. xx

This message does not need a reply, tre.
We are here, and so many of us have you in our thoughts.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Thank you for keeping us up to date.
Thinking of you both, I hope tonight will pass smoothly.

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
David died at 5.22pm yesterday afternoon at home peacefully in bed . I was holding his hand and his two sons, sister and brother-in-law were also here with him.
I cannot believe it has all happened so fast.
David was registered as a tissue donor for the Queen Square Brain Bank for Neurological Disorders which he decided he wanted to do years back when he was first diagnosed. We both worked in medicinal research. He hoped, as do I , that although nothing could be done to make him better, that by doing this it may in some small way help the progress to better understanding and a cure or prevention of dementias in the future. This is David to the last-always wanting to do something for others. He was a very special and much loved man and I could not have found a more loving, faithful, generous and honest husband. The last words he said to me, a couple of days before he died were "I love you". He will leave an enormous empty hole in my life but I feel very lucky for the time we had together.
Tre