Poor Piedsmum is poorly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hi Pied

You are doing so, so well.I'm glad you and Sis are having a bit of a break.

Candle re-lit, and as always you will be uppermost in lots of peoples thoughts today.

Love from LYN T

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Dear everyone and Jessbow yes we have left mum each day and gone for a walk or whatever to give mum space to go and each time we come back we are amazed at her breathing x

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Hello Pied, you were straight into my thoughts when I got up this morning and I have relit my candle. Shifts for you and your sister are a very good idea so that you can both have some rest. I'll be thinking of you today and popping in with everyone else. Love to you xxxxx

Goingitalone

Feb 11, 2010
Morning, Pied, and well done for getting through last night. You are doing so well.
A good idea to take it in shifts. You must be exhausted.

You'll be on my mind all day....

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Well I do apologise everyone - I said this was an honest thread and so I haven't hidden anything. Mum is peaceful upstairs and still here. I hope I haven't frightened anyone. It has been the best of times and the worst of times. Barb and Polly you summed it up for me x

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Pied - you have NOTHING to apologise for - I am sure your thread has been, and will be, of immense help to many people. We all appreciate how open and honest you have been and the privilege it has been to be with you at such a personal and emotional time.

Hugs

Celia
xxx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Please don't apologise Pied, you have done nothing to offend. You have shared some very personal times with us, and we are all here to support you. I have been checking during the night to make sure you were OK!

I hope you and your mum have a peaceful day today. x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Thinking of you and your mum today Pied. I hope the day is restful for both of you, and your sis too. xxx

janma221

Apr 23, 2013
Powys
Thinking of you all today Pied, hope today is calm and peaceful. You have given us a lovely insight of how we all hope our loved ones reach the end.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I hope today is a calm and peaceful day for you all. You and your sister must be absolutely exhausted.
I do believe that the human spirit is an amazing thing and whatever your mother is waiting for, when it is right for her, she will let go.
My grandmother hung on for her daughter to come home from America in the days of ship travel as she hadn't seen her for so long.
She died within minutes of seeing her. It's the way it is. x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Pied , Wishing you all Peace , Love & Comfort will stay with you in the *Little Room * of so much LOVE today & in the days to come

Take care dear Pied & sending much Love & BIG HUGS

Love Grove x x x x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
The very fact you are there by her side is not a failure, all i hear is love.

I do think Kassy has hit the nail on the spot, Pied. All I hear is love too.

I've been looking for a poem about robins for you, Pied as I have a book called The Poetry of Birds at home, but there is only one poem there specifically about the robin and believe it or not, it's rather gruesome. Emily Dickenson wrote a lot of poems about robins, but her American robins are rather different from the UK ones.

( 'He has the punctuality
Of the New England Farmer –
The same oblique integrity,')

However, this next poem of hers 'Hope is the thing with feathers' is also supposed to be about a robin.

“Hope” is the thing with feathers –
That perches in the soul –
And sings the tune without the words –
And never stops — at all –

And sweetest — in the Gale — is heard –
And sore must be the storm –
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm –

I’ve heard it in the chillest land –
And on the strangest Sea –
Yet, never, in Extremity,
It asked a crumb — of Me.'

Last edited:

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Mum looked better this morning for having peace from us so I rang her school friend E and told E that mum had no voice but could listen. E was a star and said all the right things. I think Mum enjoyed it even though she doesn't seem able to blink even most of the time. I've popped home as I haven't showered since oh Wednesday I think!

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
I do not find death frightening. I find this thread a reminder of how close death and birth are to each other

I did, until I first experienced it with my dad. All I knew was what I saw in the films...not realistic at all it turns out.

Pied is inspiring and reassuring us all that death can be such a special, loving and peaceful rite of passage. As is the birth of a baby, as you say, Butter. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toadflax