1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. christmas

christmas Registered User

Apr 27, 2014
    Leicestershire
    Hi you will pleased to know today I woke up and thought I need to take control, Peter is always said no if I ask for money or anything well not today,I have had enough of it. I sat him down and talked to him, so I have ordered a new back door and window and got a man to mend the tap in the kitchen, it's time I didn't let him say no when things need doing ,I suppose I will have to tell him again because he has forgot already ,but I don't care my daughter and son keep saying just do it so I have Christmas xxx

2. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
    Well done you. Join the ranks of Bolshie women! Men benefit anyway when their wives and partners are strong enough to do what is right. Just remind him when necessary and before you know it he will think it is his idea!

3. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
    :) Well done you, it's a start and we all have to start somewhere.
    K

4. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Well done you. :)

5. nellbelles

nellbelles Volunteer Host

Nov 6, 2008
    leicester
    Well done that woman! Tom always thought I should do any repairs and that there was no need for a 'proper man'!

6. flowerpot

flowerpot Registered User

Well done :) I'm pleased that you've now been able to take control and you'll hopefully feel much better for it too :)

7. christmas

christmas Registered User

Apr 27, 2014
    Leicestershire
    Thank you I am feeling better now I know I can do this x