1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Weds 28 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 28 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Please read: Talking Point updates

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Dementia Talking Point' started by KatherineW, Jul 15, 2013.

1. SerenaS

SerenaS Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 7, 2011
    London
    Hi lin,

When you look at the top of your screen do you see 'Notifications'? Members who have unread private messages should see their notifications box at the top turn white.

2. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    Thanks Serena
    Well I am dumbfounded, it worked this time :D
    THANKYOU

3. Biffydixie

Biffydixie Registered User

Mar 1, 2013
    Dawn

My mum has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's dementia recently (June) however she was prescribed donepezil and since then the decline in her state of health has been shocking. She is now almost immobile, she has become anorexic is doubly incontinent and in pain most days. Is this normal? Has anyone else had experience with this drug? Would she benefit from stopping taking it ? It seems all too much of a coincidence that she has had such a rapid decline.

4. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Hi Biffydixie. I'm sorry to hear about your mum. I think you would get more replies to your question if you start a thread of your own. Go to the forum home page and you will see the list of Forum titles. If you click on 'I care for a person with dementia' you will see 'Post New Thread' at top right hand side. Click on that and you can start your thread.

Here's a link to that forum:

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?70-I-care-for-a-person-with-dementia

Sorry to rabbit on but I do know you will get lots of help if you have your own thread. x

5. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    Hi
    I was going to put an icon in the title of a post
    and found they were no longer there. their used to be things like smilies, a light bulb, thumbs up/down etc
    I am sure I am sure I used one of them the other day, or am I mistaken

Have they gone for good

6. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
    Well they've gone. I'm not sure if for good though. If a lot of people use them we could look at putting them back, but I think the reason they went, was that most people 1) didn't use them and more importantly 2) many people (me included) sometimes accidentally inserted them clicking on the wrong part of the page before posting.

I know I was mortified once when I posted in response to a person saying they had lost their family member and I accidentally inserted a :D as a thread icon. I removed it but...

7. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    Thanks Jennifer
    I seldom used them, Just thought their may have been a glitch

8. limafoxtrot

limafoxtrot Registered User

Aug 7, 2011
    Uk Expat
    Not sure if I'm on the right track but I can see the message icons :confused:

Lima x

9. jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
    Only when you post a new thread. They are still there for that, but not when you post a response (which I assumed lin was talking about but maybe not...)

10. limafoxtrot

Aug 7, 2011
    Uk Expat
    They seem to be back now Jenniferpa :rolleyes:

Lima

11. jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
    Really? No, I can't see them when I reply to a message.

They'd be in the area marked by a red arrow.

Attached Files:

12. jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
    I lie (with regard to the red arrow). They still aren't there, but they'd be immediately below the post area like so (this is what I see when I start a new thread)

Attached Files:

13. limafoxtrot

Aug 7, 2011
    Uk Expat
    Whoops, I was thinking of the message icons on the right of the screen, sorry :confused: