Please read: Talking Point updates

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi
I have just spotted something, which I think could be improved

when I click on, my contacts and inbox, in the drop down box it says inbox, thats fine but to check if you have any new messages,unless you have signed up to be notified while on TP, you actually have to go into your inbox to see if their are any new messages

before the changes
you didnt have to go into your inbox, if I recall correctly, when the cursor hovered over messages or whatever it was called , (sorry to be so vague) you were informed whether or not their were any new messages, without having to go into your inbox

Hi lin,

When you look at the top of your screen do you see 'Notifications'? Members who have unread private messages should see their notifications box at the top turn white.

Biffydixie

Mar 1, 2013
Dawn

My mum has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's dementia recently (June) however she was prescribed donepezil and since then the decline in her state of health has been shocking. She is now almost immobile, she has become anorexic is doubly incontinent and in pain most days. Is this normal? Has anyone else had experience with this drug? Would she benefit from stopping taking it ? It seems all too much of a coincidence that she has had such a rapid decline.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi Biffydixie. I'm sorry to hear about your mum. I think you would get more replies to your question if you start a thread of your own. Go to the forum home page and you will see the list of Forum titles. If you click on 'I care for a person with dementia' you will see 'Post New Thread' at top right hand side. Click on that and you can start your thread.

Here's a link to that forum:

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?70-I-care-for-a-person-with-dementia

Sorry to rabbit on but I do know you will get lots of help if you have your own thread. x

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hi
I was going to put an icon in the title of a post
and found they were no longer there. their used to be things like smilies, a light bulb, thumbs up/down etc
I am sure I am sure I used one of them the other day, or am I mistaken

Have they gone for good

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Hi
I was going to put an icon in the title of a post
and found they were no longer there. their used to be things like smilies, a light bulb, thumbs up/down etc
I am sure I am sure I used one of them the other day, or am I mistaken

Have they gone for good

Well they've gone. I'm not sure if for good though. If a lot of people use them we could look at putting them back, but I think the reason they went, was that most people 1) didn't use them and more importantly 2) many people (me included) sometimes accidentally inserted them clicking on the wrong part of the page before posting.

I know I was mortified once when I posted in response to a person saying they had lost their family member and I accidentally inserted a :D as a thread icon. I removed it but...

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Not sure if I'm on the right track but I can see the message icons :confused:

Lima x

Only when you post a new thread. They are still there for that, but not when you post a response (which I assumed lin was talking about but maybe not...)

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Really? No, I can't see them when I reply to a message.

They'd be in the area marked by a red arrow.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-08-28 at 1.52.48 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-08-28 at 1.52.48 PM.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 542

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I lie (with regard to the red arrow). They still aren't there, but they'd be immediately below the post area like so (this is what I see when I start a new thread)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-08-28 at 1.55.55 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-08-28 at 1.55.55 PM.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 572

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson