please give me an anser...thanks,,,

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
HI just a questen if some one cane help. i just read a thread witch reminded me of a little problem i have had for a little time now. this might sound strange but i am seeing things or aperson who i think passes my window, sometimes out side sometimes inside my house.this is strange but i think this is part ofmy detereation. as you now i am trying to keep cool about this but if others have it i cane them except it as another stage ,its hard for people to understand me as i travel this path alowen wonting to now then i cane except it and moove on. help please. love Miss Cool xxxxxxxxxx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Have you spoken to your doctor about this? I'm thinking it could be one of two things: 1) you see something (a shadow, a bird etc) and your mind says "person" - it fills in the details from your imagination. 2) this is a visual hallucination - in this situation there is nothing actually there (although I suspect that there is always something that triggers this) but for some reason your eyes send a message to the brain that says "person".

Is it like seeing something out of the corner of your eye? you think something is there but you're not sure?

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
yes its sort of like that, also i see spiders or something crawling but i will deal with it . love miss cool xxxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My husband saw people, sitting in the chair or in another room. I don`t think he ever saw them outside, passing the window. He saw them for a couple of years but he no longer talks about them so I presume they have gone.
He was never frightened of them so that helped.
I would tell your doctor miss cool.

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Miss Cool, hi
Hubby has this, nothing threatening but very real to him, people, pets and crawlies, I'll speak to him and report back, sorry he can't answer here but his sight isn't good enough for the computer now.
Take care, you are not alone.
Cheers, Jo

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
HI jo 1958. thanks for the reply, yes its not fritning thank god i hope hubby is doing well..

hi sad nel. we all have to deal with it in our own way i hope Trev cane relax with it i wish you both all the best in the future...

hi everyone well i dont think i will be on TP to much now, i feel its not such a good ideal ,none of this is easy weather you have it or are a carer. as i have been on both ends of it now i feel i cannot give my opinion on some things as maybe some people would be offended at my blunt ness, i see no reason to be nice nice whem the anser is not ment ti be offencive just fact. it gives me no pleasher to type this,but i have to keep this terible illness real,not just say it will be allrite , no you probely wont find another person with AD+VD who will keep it as real but its my life and education, working with the brain most of my life gives me to much insight.. but i now i am fading quit fast now and it is quit frightning for me. but i wish you all well on your jernise. if you are a carer do it becouse you care no other reson .its not easy but no one said life was......

love MISS COOL. XXXXXXXXXXXXX

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I have to tell you Miss Cool - I think it would be a real mistake to not tell it as you see it. We don't have many people posting here who have dementia, so it's important that those that are continue to tell it as they see it.

I very much doubt that anyone would be offended by anything you could say. After all - you're living with this condition 24/7: no one here is going to take issue with your experience, and for a lot of carers, it's the only real feedback they get.

I wouldn't want you to feel compelled to post, but please, don't give up on the off chance that someone might not like what you have to say.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Can I second what Jennifer said? You are not offensive in any way. Plase stay. Xx

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
hi you 2 thank you for your kind words, i dont now whay 2morrow brings, that sounds like a song.. at the moment its pore me time, but you now its so hard keeping it all togeather.if only my husbund was hear to help . see its pore me again.thats it.

love miss cool xxxxxxxx

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
I'd also like to agree with Jennifer and Izzy. I've never seen you write anything offensive. Please don't feel you have to stop.

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
i think i am cross with my family more than enything else. but unable to tell them, so when i read some of the threads that mekes me cross, and as you now i am miss cool. being angry is a lot of energy i donot have. maybe being ill at the moment isent helping.look at the time, just cant sleep no reson just not tierd. day center 2morrow that might briton me up??????

love miss cool xxxxxx

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
So sorry you are feeling down.Try not to waste valuable energy being angry. Maybe try to use that energy on trying to get better. I hope you enjoy the day centre tomorrow. Take care, Miss Cool.

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Miss C, hope today is better for you. Like the others I'd be very disappointed if you stopped posting. We all need a rant sometimes and I'm sure you wouldn't offend anyone. Your insight into dementia is so useful for carers and frankly you are an absolute joy and inspiration to others.

However, you don't have to be perky all the time, TP is here to support and is not a fair-weather friend. We're here in bad times as well as good so please don't be afraid to post what you feel.

Wishing you a lovely day today :) xx

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Dear Miss Cool

Please continue posting here - I love your posts and the insight that you give us. The truth is the truth, this is not a pleasant disease and so you should tell it as it is for you. Please continue to do so - it is important that we have facts and that the pill is not "sugar coated" to make it more palatable because that just leads to more stress when we find out the truth for ourselves.

Any dementia sufferer on TP who shares their journey is important to me and I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone one of them for letting us in to that inner sanctum on a daily basis to help us understand how things are for the sufferer.

Kind regards

Fiona
x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Miss Cool

It sounds to me in addition to not wanting to upset people about the progression of dementia, you also don`t want to upset people about criticism of family behaviour.

We are well aware some families rally round and work together to support the person with dementia as much as they can, while other families run for the hills.
There is a lot of anger on TP about lack of family support miss cool but sadly anger doesn`t make those families more supportive.

I wouldn`t want to put you under more stress than you are already but I would like to say how valued your posts are on TP, to carers and sufferers alike.

Please play it by ear. If it is too difficult for you to post, we respect your decision, but if you would be able to reconsider, we would be delighted, for you will be sorely missed.

I`m so sorry you are missing the love and support of your husband.

Love xx

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Hi Miss Cool

I hope you managed to get some sleep.

I have loved reading your posts and will miss them if you stop, I don’t want to put pressure on you to do anything other than what feels right for you, however I do want you to know that it is so refreshing when you tell it how it is. I would be really surprised if you offended anyone with your truth telling. I have learnt a lot from you. Thank You.

I wish you well whatever you decide.

Love & Hugs

Margaret xxx

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Miss Cool,

I would be very sorry if you stopped posting, purely from a selfish viewpoint.

I read a lot to try to learn and understand about the dementia my mum is now suffering. I find your posts illuminating - as you say, it's not all about putting up with what is going on, there are times of anger and frustration with the whole business of dementia. Also you give insight into some of the things us "spectators" wonder about - like hallucinations, and is the person seeing them scared or not, for instance.

Also, whilst I may be a spectator at present, who is to say what the future holds for me? Your posts show that there is so much unexplained, but that it is possible to carry on living life nonetheless.

Having said all that, of course YOU are the most important person here - and keeping your energies for your own strength and wellbeing takes priority. I'd like to thank you for all you have written, and hope that you look after yourself.

Best wishes :)