please give me an anser...thanks,,,

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
HI i had a good day at day center 2day. still dont feel so good but keep taking the tablets. its very upsetting when i go to day center to find out yet another frend has gone into a home.. i now i dont now all the cercumstances but when a person still has some brain and understanding to be put into a home, remember alzhimers is a slow killer. So that person could be ther for a long time.. Weather the home is good or bad, its still a lone time. when someone feel upset becouse they have put mum or dad in a home my anser is if you are upset dont do it. please .......

love miss coolxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

p.s. this is sent with much love nothing else...........

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Dear Miss Cool,
Oola thank you for your much love, it means so much to me as a carer. Going back to the hallucinations of people and things around the home this seems to be very common and nothing to worry about, hubby has cats around and children on the stairs and beside the bed, they have been with us for years now and do no harm, although they can be a bit naughty sometimes. Please take care of yourself.
Kind regards, Jo

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
HI i read all your replys with sadness and joy. the ups and downs of this illness is so unforgiving . its quit frighting when it is realy i feel 40% of me left.when things arnt quite rite . thats it..... love miss cool..xxxxxxxxx

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
If you feel you can "hang on in there" you make such a valuable contribution I know you are further down the road than me but it gives me hope to carry on reading your posts
All the best Sarah

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
Hi Creativesarah

IF I CAN HELP SOMBODY AS I GO ALONG,

THEN MY LIVING WILL NOT BE IN VAIN........

LOVE AND GOD BLESS MISS COOL XXXXXXXXX

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Miss Cool, your life certainly isn't in vain. Not only were you a carer but you give hope to people like me, who are pretty sure they will develop dementia, that it's possible to still engage with the outside world.

It must be horrid for you, frustrating for you, and I so wish I could make it better for you but I can't. I just hope and pray that if/when I develop dementia, my attitude will be like your own and give hope and inspiration to others xxx

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
Good morning to all. the sun is shining and it is tipping it down ther must be a rainbow someware. starting to feel more myself 2day.the pills must be working. all have a good day..

love miss cool...xxxxxxxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good morning miss cool

It`s good to hear you`re having a better day today. I hope it is the pills and they continue working.
Hope you find the rainbow. :)

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Hi Miss Cool

Glad things look a bit better today. :) No rain here at the moment but very windy.

Hope you have a good day, I'm off to buy apricots to make jam!

Love & Hugs

Margaret

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Miss Cool, hi
So pleased to hear that there is a rainbow in your sights today, great news. It's raining hard here and the river at the bottom of our garden is rising, wonderful to see the swirl of the water.
Margaret, my grandmother made wonderful apricot jam, she put almonds in sometimes and they were such joy to find when I put the spoon in the jar, have a happy day.
Best wishes, Jo

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
HI home made jam yum yum that sounds so good ,not had eny for a long time. now i feeling hungry. home made jam on hot toast or scones and clotted cream. but i must watch my silk like figer.HA HA HA , all 10 1/2 stone of me..

love miss cool. xxxxxxx

Dorcas

Jun 25, 2009
Kent
Hello, I have FTL and Parietal Lobe dementia and I am 55. For about 6/7 months I have been seeing a man in a black hat and a cape ( my husband has named him the Sandeman Port man, for those of a certain age!) and a black dog. The funniest thing is I am never frightened. I just accept that this is a synapse in my brain that has decided to go on an adventure and take me with it. Try not to be afraid, living with this disease is bad enough without going through it alone and without your delusional minders. Take care and I am thinking of you. Loads of love.

parkerdart

Jan 8, 2011
USA
Seeing things

Hi Miss Cool - I too have a problem with seeing things at times. For me, most of it is seeing really scary mean animals or things that I do not understand what they are. Sometimes they are just like out of the corner of my eye and when I do be looking full on, then it is a shadow but sometimes I see their heads pop out around a doorway. I remind myself it is just in my now confusing brain but it does not alwyas work for me and I do stay scared for awhile. I have horrendous nightmare that seem so real to me also. I had another tia around Thanksgiving time and my doctor things that maybe I was so scared that my blood pressure got so high that I may have stroked out. I am on what they call here a "stroke cocktail" - although I have never been much of a drinking person, this cocktail is not as fun as I used to be remembering for them to be. Anyway, my heart does goes out to you and I can so much appreciate what those visions or hallucinations or whatever in the heck the powers to be i.e., medical people are liking to label them - what that fear does to you. I will tell you my most scary thing so far was when one day I saw me in the mirror and I did not know who I was and thought someone had broken into my house. Different kind of scary but still not nice way to feel at all. Almost all of the things I see are after dark so I don't know what that has to do with it either. Take good care of yourself and be kind to you.
Vickie

parkerdart

Jan 8, 2011
USA
new answer

Miss Cool - I answered earlier but when i just reread it I know it wasn't a good answer. Sorry, sometimes thinking for me is easier than other times. I talked about seeing things also but forgot to say that, although I still do at times, after saying my worries about this to the neurologist, she had me change the time I take 10mg of Aricept from the night to talk it in the morning time and that for some reason has helped. Like I said, I still do see things but not as often as I was before. Have no idea if that is what is making it a little better but did want to at least remember to share that part with you. Sorry if I can get to be confusing at time. I too am still living alone and hoping to do so for as long as I can but not looking to good now. Not a good time to be selling a house in the US and can't afford to pay for it and my care and well, I am sure you know also know all of the money worries that goes along with this disease. Anyway - take good care! Vickie

carrie99

Apr 26, 2009
Yorkshire
Phantom figures

I also get these from time to time - shadowy figures in front of my eyes. Think of them as kindly spooks, not something to worry about. Mine only last fleetingly and I don't worry about them now.

Carrie

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
HI all havent had much to say latly , just read all the threads again forgot about them , well time has passed, i still see things but i am not afrade , the dreams are horrenduse realy real , but once i am awake for a wiel i forget them so thats good. i am at the stage of cant be botherd to do enything. rather spend hours doing nothing, let me add its not as boring as you might think.when your mind is blank ther is nothing to think about. i dont now what the point of life is now, my heart gose out to people who have lost love ones to this illness , but i dont wont to die but i cannot see the point in liveing. that may sound add or whatever to some people but that is just it.

love miss cool. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear miss cool

You have spoken from the heart and my heart goes out to you. You have so much insight into your condition I doubt anyone could say anything to help.
But for what it`s worth, you have friends on TP who are full of love and admiration for you. I only wish more could be done to help. xx

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
Miss Cool, I don't know what to say to you except that I love reading your posts and you have helped me enormously to understand what is happening to my mum.

That does not help you at all, and this site is meant to be supportive for you, so I suggest you do whatever makes life feel as good as it can.

If that means saying exactly what you feel then say it.

with love Pippa xxx

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
Hi SYLVIA and PIPA thank you again for your kind words , whem i get replys like that i dont feel so alone.i now noone can help its just what life has given me and as you now i will deal with it. thanks again all my love miss cool .xxxxxxxxxxxxxx