Physiotherapist

Juliahallworth

Jan 5, 2024
Hello
my mum had a fall in August she was very ill in hospital but then went to intermediate care which we were told would be lots of physio. This did not happen she was sat in a chair all day every day for 4 weeks.
we now have her home with 2 carers 4 times a day.
my dad is with her all the time they are both 90
my mum has been having a physiotherapist 2 times a week last week they came while I was there she stood up and held on to her frame the physiotherapist said she had done really well. Today my dad said she came and told him they would not be coming anymore as its not safe for her.
we are absolutely devastated and really don’t know what to do. We feel abandoned. We are in sheffield. Julia

try again

Jun 21, 2018
Not safe for your mum?
I guess you could email physio dept and ask for clarification?

try again

Jun 21, 2018
Then they are concerned that she is at risk of falling when she gets up or cannot use the frame safely.
You could get a second opinion from a private physio, they are not hugely expensive. Else you might have to accept that he says of mobility are numbered
It's obviously easier if she can get up herself to transfer to a wheelchair else the next step will be needing a hoist 😞

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
My mother in law had physiotherapy for a short while after a fall, but it didn't last long. She couldn't follow instructions and couldn't remember what to do without prompting from someone . She also didn't have the strength to raise herself. You could get a private physiotherapy assessment for a second opinion

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potholepicker