Physioptherapy for person with dementia

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
You call it phsiotherapy,

Sounds more like asault to me, forcefully wrenching her head around, whilst someone holds her while he screams

Please stop

helpingpeggy

Aug 6, 2019
Travis95, I’ve read more of your previous posts now and can see that your mother isn’t an elderly person and also that you’re not in the UK. But I still feel that forcibly twisting her neck with the force that you describe being used is potentially very dangerous and should be stopped.

Travis95

Aug 1, 2019
You call it phsiotherapy,

Sounds more like asault to me, forcefully wrenching her head around, whilst someone holds her while he screams

Please stop
Yeah I agree. Her screams really make me ask myself am I doing the right thing. Good news is the next appointment is on Monday. Definitely going to bring this up to the doctor.

Travis95

Aug 1, 2019
Yeah I agree. Her screams really make me ask myself am I doing the right thing. Good news is the next appointment is on Monday. Definitely going to bring this up to the doctor.
I agree too. I am trying to convince myself too about the logics and the purpose of doing the physiotherapy.

And hence my earlier question:
My understanding of a physiotherapy is to gradually stretch the stiff muscle back to its normal flexibility.
But if the patient doesn't even try themselves, instead go against it, go the opposite direction.
Does the therapy even work at all this way? Even if we forcefully twist the neck, will it regain the flexibility?
Even if I managed to forcefully twist it, does it even achieve the objective of a physiotherapy?

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I agree too. I am trying to convince myself too about the logics and the purpose of doing the physiotherapy.

And hence my earlier question:

Even if I managed to forcefully twist it, does it even achieve the objective of a physiotherapy?
no, nothing about physio is ever forceful, its about gentle movemets which gradually increase.building up strenght and flexibility.

Imagine twisting your ankle. Gradually you start to move it again....alnong comes someone and wrenches it, against the way you are holding it - what good is that going to do?