1. Rosebay

Rosebay Registered User

Jul 27, 2014
    Oxfordshire
    Can anyone help please. When the POA comes I have to prove who I am to the bank but one form of identification is photo ID. I do not have a driving license or a passport or a bus pass. In fact nothing with my photo on. What can I do ?

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

2. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    Apply for a passport or bus pass? Everyone should have photo ID, you might need it for other occasions too.

3. Rosebay

Rosebay Registered User

Jul 27, 2014
    Oxfordshire
    Thank you Beate but I am not eligible for a bus pass yet too young !!! With regard to passport I never travel abroad so I was looking for a cheaper way of getting photo ID then spending £72.50 on a passport I will never use. Of course if there isn't one I will have to do this ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

4. Bay

Bay Registered User

Jul 24, 2014
    Kent
    It might be a good (and cheaper) idea to apply for a provisional driving licence even though you have no intention of ever driving! I know somebody who has done this just to provide photographic identity.

5. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    I dont have photo ID either, but mums bank accepted 2 other forms of ID when I explained that I didnt have any.

6. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    Usually two utility bills will be ok.

7. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    You can get one of those ID cards that younger people use to prove they are old enough to buy alcohol! They aren't restricted to young people - people of any age can have one, to have a photo id. Here's a link to the UK one. https://validateuk.co.uk/about

8. jugglingmum

jugglingmum Registered User

Jan 5, 2014
    Female
    Chester
  9. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    Hi. I would phone the branch and ask what other forms of proof of identity they would accept instead of photo ID, I'm sure you won't have much of a problem, their must be loads of people who don't drive or travel abroad, so banks must have contingency plans.

10. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    The National Identity Card is mentioned for photo id- that's what the link I provided is for. Kassy, you could get one of those too!

11. RoyH

RoyH Registered User

Feb 4, 2015
    Ilkley
    Re Photo ID

Unfortunately, according to the Gov.UK website,
    "Identity cards were scrapped in 2011 - they’re no longer valid and you can’t use them as proof of identify".

12. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    Thanks for this...it's reminded me that my pasport requires renewal:D

13. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    Mine too- for the last several years!