Photo ID

Rosebay

Jul 27, 2014
Oxfordshire
Can anyone help please. When the POA comes I have to prove who I am to the bank but one form of identification is photo ID. I do not have a driving license or a passport or a bus pass. In fact nothing with my photo on. What can I do ?

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Apply for a passport or bus pass? Everyone should have photo ID, you might need it for other occasions too.

Rosebay

Jul 27, 2014
Oxfordshire
Thank you Beate but I am not eligible for a bus pass yet too young !!! With regard to passport I never travel abroad so I was looking for a cheaper way of getting photo ID then spending £72.50 on a passport I will never use. Of course if there isn't one I will have to do this ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Bay

Jul 24, 2014
Kent
It might be a good (and cheaper) idea to apply for a provisional driving licence even though you have no intention of ever driving! I know somebody who has done this just to provide photographic identity.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I dont have photo ID either, but mums bank accepted 2 other forms of ID when I explained that I didnt have any.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
You can get one of those ID cards that younger people use to prove they are old enough to buy alcohol! They aren't restricted to young people - people of any age can have one, to have a photo id. Here's a link to the UK one. https://validateuk.co.uk/about

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hi. I would phone the branch and ask what other forms of proof of identity they would accept instead of photo ID, I'm sure you won't have much of a problem, their must be loads of people who don't drive or travel abroad, so banks must have contingency plans.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
The National Identity Card is mentioned for photo id- that's what the link I provided is for. Kassy, you could get one of those too!

RoyH

Feb 4, 2015
Ilkley
Re Photo ID

The National Identity Card is mentioned for photo id- that's what the link I provided is for. Kassy, you could get one of those too!

Unfortunately, according to the Gov.UK website,
"Identity cards were scrapped in 2011 - they’re no longer valid and you can’t use them as proof of identify".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckdf1234