Pete may be about to start end of life care

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thank you everyone.

My knee is slightly better-it helps if I manage to get to bed instead of dozing on the sofa:eek: My sleeping is atrocious. Pete was very calm yesterday. Apparently he giggled when hoisted from his bed to the wheelchair. But, (isn't there always a 'but') I noticed that he could be starting to struggle with swallowing his saliva. I know that is not good.

Carers being vigilant -as always. Where would I be without you Tp'ers and that marvelous CH? I feel so sorry for those who are plagued with concerns regarding sub-standard care.

I hope your days are ok.

A special thank you to Loo for posting on this thread. I know from reading YOUR thread that your problems are so much greater than mine.

Love,

Lyn T

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Glad to hear that your CH is good too, Lyn. It would be awful to have poor care on top of everything else. Hope all is as well as it can be.x

Sent from my GT-N5110

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Thank you everyone.

My knee is slightly better-it helps if I manage to get to bed instead of dozing on the sofa:eek: My sleeping is atrocious. Pete was very calm yesterday. Apparently he giggled when hoisted from his bed to the wheelchair. But, (isn't there always a 'but') I noticed that he could be starting to struggle with swallowing his saliva. I know that is not good.

Carers being vigilant -as always. Where would I be without you Tp'ers and that marvelous CH? I feel so sorry for those who are plagued with concerns regarding sub-standard care.

I hope your days are ok.

A special thank you to Loo for posting on this thread. I know from reading YOUR thread that your problems are so much greater than mine.

Love,

Lyn T

Lyn, sorry just doing a catch up on your thread, I hope your knee soon heals.

Good care homes, they don't make the headlines!

I knew Tom's care was as good as it could be, but watching all his carers crying and all wanting to say goodbye gave me an insight in to how being a good carer in a good care home comes at price to them all. xx

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Lyn, so glad Pete is enjoying his "ride". Dad, always the supreme gentleman under normal circumstances, would fight and curse when the lifter was used, frightened the life out of him.

It's difficult waiting and watching for signs of deterioration. I'm glad he's receiving the very best of care, it must ease your heart. You are doing the very best by him.

Take care of your poor knee, rest, rest, rest.

Stephanie, xxx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Will be thinking of you today, Lyn, when I visit Fred. Hope our days are peaceful and that Pete is as well as he can be. Love. Verityxx

Sent from my GT-N5110

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Lyn, sorry just doing a catch up on your thread, I hope your knee soon heals.

Good care homes, they don't make the headlines!

I knew Tom's care was as good as it could be, but watching all his carers crying and all wanting to say goodbye gave me an insight in to how being a good carer in a good care home comes at price to them all. xx

So true.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
No more blisters! Just more of the same-calm and sleepy.

Calm is good :) Sleepy?:(:(

Pete's slipping away

Have good days everyone

Take care

Lyn T XX

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I too am catching up on your Thread. Having been through a similar journey with my husband I know how difficult things are for you.

Thank goodness you have such care and support around you. Your love and strength show here so keep strong. Thoughts are with you.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thinking of you Lyn look after your knee, do you have a heat wrap they are very good l use one for my knee. ♥♥♥

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Talking Point mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeacherSue