Pete may be about to start end of life care

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Lyn sending love and hugs,

Allen has blisters that burst and weep on his legs and the DN thinks it's part of the cellulitus could Pete have this on his chest,

Jeany xx

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Can only send ineffectual love and support through the ether, Lyn.

I wish for things that are impossible but hope for peace and comfort.
Don't know what else to say Lyn.

Courage you have in spades. XXX

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Linda52

Apr 17, 2013
clacton, essex
Hello Lyn, I havent posted often but have been following your journey. My dad is now in a nursing home in the late stages of this vile disease. Last year he started developing blisters like you describe, on his chest and upper arm the size of a 10p piece. No reason was ever discovered for them and they were dressed daily and gradually disappeared.

My parents have been together since they were 15 and recently celebrated 56 years married, mum stays for hours every day and it breaks my heart to see them, some days dad is aware and some days he isnt but he cant communicate and hasnt walked for 15 months. He has to be fed and will eat all his food even if its with his eyes shut.

Love and best wishes, Linda x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thank you everyone

Jeany-the blisters don't look like the ones on Allans legs. They are sort of watery. The DN thought that Pete could have rubbed his own skin. I'm not sure-that would have taken some rubbing and I don't think the poor love has the strength to do that.

Saffie-Pete is being turned every two hours because he is mainly bed bound now and also when the DN had a look at his skin viability she was concerned a little bit. No bed sores but Pete has psoriasis and he has a particularly bad bit on his lower back. She doesn't want it to give trouble and wants to keep him off his bottom area if at all possible.

I'm dreading finding out what weight Pete is now-he was weighed yesterday. Well the Carers were going to try. I may not ask.

Have as good a day as you can Everyone

Love

Lyn T

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Lyn it won't help you to find out how much weight Pete has lost you already know that it is too much,

It's awful to for both of you to have to go through this I am so very sorry,

Thinking of you both,

Jeany xx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Just catching up and am so sorry to read of Pete's further problems. My heart goes out to you, Lyn. You are being so brave when you must feel total devastation inside. Sending loving thoughts. Verityxxx

Sent from my GT-N5110

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Still with you too, and like Gwen, sending ineffectual love. But when you go in today, you can carry a mental picture of us all there, right with you. So many shoulders for you to cry on, hands to hold, and arms to put around you. xx

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Oh Lyn, it is so terribly heartbreaking and makes us feel helpless. Regardless of knowing what's around the corner when this journey begins it is still a shock when there's any deterioration. I just hope Pete is comfortable and I'm sure he knows when his love is with him. I hope you are able to have some lovely calm and special moments with him.

I wish you much strength and peace.

Stephanie, xxx