Parents

vmartinez

Mar 2, 2024
Hello, my mom has dementia & she lives with my dad but my mom is making it very difficult for them to live together cause she doesn't want for him to get anything that is in the house such as food, be watching tv, etc. We don't know what to do cause my dad is also getting sick due to all these stress. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome @vmartinez

Can your dad get any advice and support from his doctor or the Alzheimer`s organisation in the USA?

vmartinez

Mar 2, 2024
Thank you for your reply but that's even a bigger problem cause we have noticed that my dad is also forgetting a lot & has a heart condition & it's up to a point where he doesn't know how to handle my mom cause she's so aggressive towards my dad.

amIinthewrong?

Jan 24, 2024
Thank you for your reply but that's even a bigger problem cause we have noticed that my dad is also forgetting a lot & has a heart condition & it's up to a point where he doesn't know how to handle my mom cause she's so aggressive towards my dad.
Could you book a home visit from the doctor and manage to let from in to the house yourself? As this seems quite serious, also are you able to contact social services and express your concerns to them?

I'm sorry that you and you're family are going though this.💐💐💐💐

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
it's up to a point where he doesn't know how to handle my mom cause she's so aggressive towards my dad.

That is why you need some help to point your dad in the right direction.

It`s obvious how worried you are; you are the only one who can get help for them because neither of them has the strength to get help for themselves.