1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

One week since Dad passed

Discussion in 'After dementia — dealing with loss' started by Blogg, May 12, 2015.

1. Blogg

Blogg Registered User

Jul 24, 2014
    #1 Blogg, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    I haven't posted here much, but have read lots of information which has helped a lot along our journey.

It's just under a year ago that Dad was diagnosed with LBD, having previously been diagnosed with Parkinson's. Things developed rapidly but we pulled together as a family and provided as many nice times as possible including Dad's first Christmas with all his grandchildren, what a lovely memory for us all.

Following a broken hip and a hospital stay there was much deterioration. The very end was mercifully quick yet bitter sweet, wanting the suffering to be over but knowing he'd be gone. My Mum, sister and I were all with him as he passed.

Rest in Peace Dad, I will love you forever. Be safe till we meet again.

2. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    I've been there..happy relief of them no longer suffering..the bitter sadness of losing a parent. With you in sympathy.x.

3. Gigglemore

Gigglemore Registered User

Oct 18, 2013
    British Isles
    So sorry for your loss but glad that you and your family have happy memories to support you at this sad time.

4. J2e

J2e Registered User

Apr 24, 2015
    Brighton
    Best wishes to you

J

5. WIFE

WIFE Registered User

May 23, 2014
    WEST SUSSEX
    Thinking of you - Blogg - my husband fractured his hip and it was just a downhill progression until he died in January so I do understand how you and your family are feeling. Such sadness for you all but try to remember the happy times with him. WIFE

6. patsy56

patsy56 Registered User

Jan 14, 2015
    Fife Scotland
    I am sorry for your loss, all I can say is he is at peace and hope you can now remember the good times and forget the bad.

7. Roses40

Roses40 Registered User

Jan 25, 2015
    manchester
    For whatever reason he is on your mind more at the moment. I wish you strength at this time x