One week since Dad passed

Blogg

Jul 24, 2014
I haven't posted here much, but have read lots of information which has helped a lot along our journey.

It's just under a year ago that Dad was diagnosed with LBD, having previously been diagnosed with Parkinson's. Things developed rapidly but we pulled together as a family and provided as many nice times as possible including Dad's first Christmas with all his grandchildren, what a lovely memory for us all.

Following a broken hip and a hospital stay there was much deterioration. The very end was mercifully quick yet bitter sweet, wanting the suffering to be over but knowing he'd be gone. My Mum, sister and I were all with him as he passed.

Rest in Peace Dad, I will love you forever. Be safe till we meet again.

Last edited:

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Thinking of you - Blogg - my husband fractured his hip and it was just a downhill progression until he died in January so I do understand how you and your family are feeling. Such sadness for you all but try to remember the happy times with him. WIFE

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
I am sorry for your loss, all I can say is he is at peace and hope you can now remember the good times and forget the bad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513