on duty 24 hours a day!

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Thats Ok elaine we understand wish I ciould be with you too
I was going to see Larivy this week but my Godmother who lives a couple of miles from her is poorly so I guess I will be bedroom tidying!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It doesn't look good for Gary, does it Elaine. I understand how you must be feeling I can't say anything to make it easier for you, I'm just glad you're posting. I know it doesn't help much but it does give you contact with those who understand. It's better than nothing. X

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Elaine, hi
Hugs and lots of positive support to you and Gary, what a time, oola, what a time you are having.
Sending kindest regards from Jo

jayne-b

Sep 7, 2009
Staffs
Oh Elaine, I am sorry to read how things have been for you and Gary, I'm shocked and saddened how far and fast things have progressed.

If he could just slip a stage further he may be more content.

I always wished this for Mom,to get past the relentless anxiety and fear a hopeful release from the awful torment they must feel to a place more serene, though also a painful place for us to see them they at least may have some ease.

I am sure in his heart and somewhere deep in his mind Gary is fiercely still looking out for you. You have so not let him down.

Huge hugs for tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you, remember those dogs coats can take a river of tears, take care
jxx

Last edited:

PatH

Feb 14, 2005
N.Ireland
Elaine, I understand what you are going through, I can assure you they will find the right medication and then he will be more peaceful. It just might take a little longer. Hope your meeting goes well tomorrow. Patx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I am sure in his heart and somewhere deep in his mind Gary is fiercely still looking out for you. You have so not let him down.

Hello Elaine, I'm so sorry that you are worrying about tomorrow's meeting and Gary's condition. I have highlighted some words from Jayne's post because they speak volumes and if you recall nothing else from tonight's messages, please take Jayne's words to heart.
Love and hugs to you. x

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I'm so sorry Elaine. I hoped so much that they would be able to find the right medication that would allow Gary to come home to you and I'm so sorry that hasn't happened. It didn't happen for my dad either.

You have done everything you could to make it happen but, even if Gary can't come home, your role as a wife and carer will carry on, just in a different setting, and allowing others to help you in the caring role.

they only see someone with dementia but I can still see Gary, the man who loved me and was strong and capable and who looked after us all even though he can't do that any more

We however have seen, and still see, Gary through your eyes :)

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Dear Elaine, yes we will all be there with you tomorrow, look over your shoulder and we'll be there. I feel so sad for you, I think of you every day. love xxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sarah I found Bill's in the tumble dryer!

Thinking of you and Gary today Elaine. x

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
they only see someone with dementia but I can still see Gary, the man who loved me and was strong and capable and who looked after us all even though he can't do that any more. I think he feels I've let him down

Oh Elaine

I've just read your latest post and that last bit really got me - I understand so well what you mean - it is heartbreaking to watch the man you love being destroyed by this vile disease.

I'll be thinking of you today - I'm just off to the hospital as my mum is having an assessment from the care home we are hoping to get her into....fingers crossed for us all!

Love

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana1