OK I am done with this dementia business. I can't go on. I am sick and tired of tryin

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by Casbow, Sep 1, 2015.

1. woodbrooklabs

woodbrooklabs Registered User

Aug 17, 2015
    Hi Casbow, I don't know you, but really hope you feel a little better today. Let us know you are ok please.xxx

2. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Relieved to see you posting on another thread this morning

So sad to read what I'm reading about how you are feeling.

Yes you must get help for yourself and your husband. I do hope you are able to contact someone today who can help you. I know you are very low, and things may seem impossible to you, but it's amazing what positives can be done, even feeling this way. I have been where you are now. I survived the nightmare. You can too. Just tell your GP, social services, whom ever you have contact with how you are feeling.

And keep posting. A lot of people on here care about you even though we are virtual friends, and don't know you...... we know your pain

xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

3. Scarlett123

Scarlett123 Registered User

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    Oh sweetie, I do hope you get some help today. I found that sobbing down the phone to Social Services, got me a far better response than clearly explaining my needs. Everyone feels for you, and we all understand. xxx

4. Casbow

Casbow Registered User

Sep 3, 2013
    Colchester
    Casbow

To all of you lovely people Thankyou for your concern for me. I did phone Samaritans last night. Spent most of the time crying. Phoned the GP surgery and waiting for a call from Doctor. Thankyou all.

5. Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    Make sure that you cry down the phone to the GP as well. I know your hubby is ill, but so are you. You're exhausted, and haven't the strength to carry on, without help.

6. Slugsta

Slugsta Registered User

I don't know you but I am very glad to see you here this morning. You poor love, you sound totally at the end of your tether :( I agree, don't be afraid, or too proud, to cry on your doctor's shoulder, you need help for yourself. Don't ever forget that you are important in your own right, not just as a carer. xx

7. Grey Lad

Grey Lad Registered User

Sep 12, 2014
    North East Lincs
    Hope that call from the G P comes soon. Please let us know how things are going.

8. CeliaW

CeliaW Registered User

Jan 29, 2009
    Hampshire
    I often wish it was possible to "like" a post on here and especially so in this comment from Slugsta.

"Don't ever forget that you are important in your own right, not just as a carer. xx "

I think we often do forget and the good old guilt monster combined with the British stiff upper lip - means we don't value ourselves and our needs in this evil dementia scenario and so don't take good care of ourselves.

I so hope that you get the support and help you deserve Casbow - and that things soon ease for you in whatever ways possible.

Take care and please continue posting on here - this forum has been a sanity saver for many of us as we can share and not be judged and, most importantly, most people really understand.

Hugs xx

9. woodbrooklabs

woodbrooklabs Registered User

Aug 17, 2015
    Glad you got the courage to ring Samaritans, you absolutely did the right thing. Hopefully the doctor will ring soon and get you all the help you need.

Hang on in there:)

10. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    Please please...know that you are cared for here. There is a wealth of non-judgemental, unconditional love and support here.
    I don't know if you are a person of faith but believe me :
    but you will have to ask, seek and knock persistently:rolleyes:
    Look after you first.x.x.

11. Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    Absolutely agree. And knock and ask very loudly!

12. Chuggalug

Chuggalug Registered User

Mar 24, 2014
    Norfolk
    Oh well done Casbow. Well done sweetheart, xxxxxxxxxxxx

13. nannylondon

nannylondon Registered User

Apr 7, 2014
    London
    Hi Casbow glad you phoned the Samaritans and doc I hope you get some help and as others say you keep posting on here we are here for each other xxxxx

14. patsy56

patsy56 Registered User

Jan 14, 2015
    Fife Scotland
    Casbow, so glad you are here, yes I know what too much wine can do, I have to ask, how is the head.

I couldn't call the Samatitans, as OH was still about but I emailed them and they emailed back........so yes they are helpful.

We are all here for you maybe not next door but we will help you through.

15. Long-Suffering

Long-Suffering Registered User

Jul 6, 2015
    Thank god for that! So glad you called the Samaritans! We all understand how you get to the point where you can't take it anymore. We are all here to support each other. Talk to us.

LSxxx

16. CollegeGirl

CollegeGirl Registered User

Jan 19, 2011
    North East England
    Like everyone else, I'm so happy you're still here and phoned the Samaritans last night. Well done, I think that took a lot of courage.

Hope you get the support you deserve from your GP. Do let us know how things went, if you feel up to it.

xx

17. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    ((((((((Hugs)))))))))))
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx