Nightmares

AggieP

Jul 10, 2024
Hi I am Norma my husband has recently been diagnosed with dementia. Any suggestions wherei can start to get help. He has recurring nightmares during which he scream ,shouts and falls out of the bed. Neurologist suggested help from medication but he refuses any medication. I am worn out as he had dementia symptoms for the past three years and I have just convinced him to be diagnosed. I am feeling lonely and depressed and hope that there is some help out there.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @AggieP.

I’m so sorry to read about your husband’s diagnosis and the problems you’re living with. It’s hard that he is refusing medication

I’m not sure if you would consider outside support for his care, or indeed if your husband would accept it. Have a look at this link. There’s also information about a carer’s assessment in it -

You might also find it useful to talk to someone on the Admiral Nurse helpline -

I’m glad you’ve found this forum. You’ll find members supportive and willing to share.

Alice_M

Staff Member
Staff member
Aug 15, 2022
Hi There,

Welcome to the Dementia Support Forum , I hope you find the community a supportive and welcoming place.

I am sorry to hear about your husbands recent diagnosis and that you are feeling lonely and depressed. I am sure other members of the community will be along soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NutGoneFlake