Night time waking

Lisa&neil

Nov 2, 2022
Hi all
I was wondering if anyone has any advice on night time waking, my mum who has vascular dementia and Alzheimers and lives with us, has started waking in the night and asking what time it is. She has a clock in her room but think she may now be struggling to tell the time. Any advice would be most grateful

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello and welcome to Talking Point @Lisa&neil. This is quite common as dementia progresses and can be very tiring for carers due to their sleep being constantly disturbed. It is possible that your mum can no longer read the clock and also does not understand the difference between night and day. When she asks for the time she is really looking for reassurance. Unfortunately there is not much that can be done about this apart from encouraging her to go back to bed.

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019

Might be worth a go !
45EDD6C0-0D32-4E83-9C8D-84CB8E773145.png

forgetmenever

May 17, 2023
Hi all
I was wondering if anyone has any advice on night time waking, my mum who has vascular dementia and Alzheimers and lives with us, has started waking in the night and asking what time it is. She has a clock in her room but think she may now be struggling to tell the time. Any advice would be most grateful
Hi @Lisa&neil
SNAP! My mum has also started waking at night, she has vascular dementia and alzheimers too, and lives with us. Unfortunately I don't have any advice but will let you know if anything works for my mum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allyjhilier