New to forum

LeanneD

Sep 26, 2022
Hi All, I’m Leanne and my wonderful Dad has mixed Dementia, more Alzheimer’s than vascular. He was diagnosed in July 2021 with “Mild Cognitive Impairment” and then mixed dementia in June this year. Following a fall 2 weeks ago a head scan which showed that the Alzheimer’s had progressed.
Not sure what else to say so I’ll leave it there for now. Have a good evening ?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome from me too @LeanneD

Now you have introduced yourself, please start your own Thread in the forum I care for a person with dementia.

This will help you to get the support you need and will keep your replies together for you to find them more easily

powellk36

Oct 3, 2022
Hi, I have just joined the site. My mum has dementia and Alzheimer's. She was first diagnosed in 2018. As mum lives on her own, myself and my sister have had to find ways of monitoring mum as we both live fairly far away. So mum has a tracker on her keyrings, and we have cameras installed in her home. Over the last few years, mum's condition has gotten worse. But between myself and my sister, we have reacted by making plan to have carers visiting daily. It's all a very long tail. Basically, I have spoken to friends and family about my feelings, but feel i'm not coping very well with the ongoing situation. I just wanted to reach out for help.
My name is Kevin.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi Kevin @powellk36 welcome to the forum

I’m glad you’ve found us but sorry you have need of us. Visiting carers everyday will hopefully help to keep your mind at rest and you’ll always find someone here on the forum to share your worries and feelings with.

I hope you’ll keep posting.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I think having visiting carers is a very good idea. Your mum will probably not want them and insist that she can do everything herself, but as you live a distance away, you will need actual people physically in the house as although you can watch her, you cant actually do anything.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Just a quick note to mention that @powellk36 has a new thread about her mum here -