connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi tachometer:

obviously my messages have upset connie. I thought it was a forum for discussing facts. I am very new to forums.
I do not want to upset anyone. I am sure there are good homes. I have met them.
My message is the truth of my story and could I help someone else with it and also that there are many problems regarding care homes.
I notice that other threads discuss these too.

No you have not upset me. I just wondered what direction you wanted your thread to go.

I, too, have experienced both bad and good homes.

Here, at least, we try to concentrate on the positive. After all, telling it like it is really does not work. We do not reach anyone here.

If we have particular complaints we have to speak out elsewhere.
Myself. on Radio 4 and many, many articles in the press.
(Incidently, copies of these I take into Lionel's current home)

TP does not name or shame, rightly so.

Please continue to post. Valid items always welcome.

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Dear all on thread
I am sorry I don't understand this

'After all telling it like it is really does not work. We dont reach anyone here'
Could someone please explain?

hendy

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
O.K. I made the post, I will try to explain.

'After all telling it like it is really does not work. We dont reach anyone here'

I was trying to see where this thread was going. O.K. it highlights deficiencies in some care homes, but only defines it to those on TP. Not to the wider world.

So tell me where this thread is going?

I would hate to add to anyones burdens when they are forced to look at care homes. Hopefully we are not trying to scare anyone.

My feeling is, a valid point has been raised about misuse of drugs in care homes. so what next?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark65