New look

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
No I was referring to the page that said who was following whom on this site.
We remarked on it during testing so it may have been takenoff but I saw it after launch.

Following and newsfeed have been disabled, along with 'thanks received' there are still a few references to be deleted.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
No I was referring to the page that said who was following whom on this site.
We remarked on it during testing so it may have been takenoff but I saw it after launch.
Following and newsfeed have been disabled, along with 'thanks received' there are still a few references to be deleted.
Oh good, that explains it then and saves me trying other avenues to find it!

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Re the image of you nitram, there is a guy in the local FB group about local planning and I always think he looks how I imagine you. ☺

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Every time I see the title of this thread it reminds me of 1947 when it was the 'in thing'.

8470214764_ca4b4ed5c3_o.jpg

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Sorry, @Saffie, I was just joshing with @nitram and certainly didn't mean to insult all and sundry!! My late husband was born in 1939...and the current lucky man was born in 1940!!! So I'm very well associated with that era. In fact I just made the 50's by the skin of my teeth...as you can see by my screen name!

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Ooh, a handsome lot....I'm going to say, back row, second from right. But tbh...you could be proud to be any of these lovely lads.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Wrong, game over, remember only one global guess.
You have to trust me,
Oh, I'm sorry, everyone. :( I ruined the game and you didn't get a chance to play. You're a harsh man, Nitram...but I guess you did say those were the rules. Can't you just tell I'm a youngest child? Assuming the rules will be bent for me. How about if I smile? :)

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You were fortunate! In our girls grammar school we had to keep to our uniform, VIth form or not!

As you can see no uniform meant, longs, no ties, and more importantly no caps.
Did you still have to wear hats, different ones for summer and winter, and knell to show that your skirt was not too short? My wife did.

We still had to wear shoes with 'rubber or part rubber heels' for safety on the stone stairs, didn't understand that and still don't.
Part rubber was a segment of rubber at the back of a leather heel, useful really because this could be cheaply replaced without the need for a whole heel

Last edited: