Nanny 5

Apr 11, 2024
Hi my husband is in care home now has lewy body dementia and Parkinson's it's been a very hard struggle with quilt from my side he is starting to settle now and I have good and bad days but I am struggling financially bank not letting access. To his bank account just wanted to know if anyone else is in tomorrow r been in this situation x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Nanny 5

I’m not sure how you can overcome this unless you have power of attorney for finance.

It might be an idea to contact the helpline

on 0333 150 3456,

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Nanny 5 and welcome to this friendly and supportive forum.

I'm sorry to read about your Husband, and the difficulties you are having with finances. I can only agree with @Grannie G and do please contact the helpline.

You will always find understanding and support here from people who really do want to help. You will not be alone here - always a listening ear.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
Hi my husband is in care home now has lewy body dementia and Parkinson's it's been a very hard struggle with quilt from my side he is starting to settle now and I have good and bad days but I am struggling financially bank not letting access. To his bank account just wanted to know if anyone else is in tomorrow r been in this situation x
You may have to go for Deputyship, if the dementia is too far gone.

Bod