My mum

GennyWren

Nov 2, 2023
Hi all. Newbie here.
Found this forum whilst looking for advise about a legal issue.
My mum has vascular dementia, diagnosed around 2019, and now lives with my brother and his girlfriend and her daughter. A lot has happened, suffice to say my brother I don't get on and I've been left feeling confused and don't know which way to turn .. and I miss my mum.
So hoping I can get some answers in this forum. Thank you.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @GennyWren.

I’m so glad you’ve come across our forum. It sounds like things are hard for you. I’m sure you’ll find understanding and support here.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello from me @GennyWren and welcome to this friendly and supportive forum .
I'm sorry to read about your Mum. It's just plain horrible , isn't it. Painful too to see your loved one gradually decline, I do feel for you.
I am sure that you will find it helpful to find out what others are saying, join in conversations and ask questions. You may like to start a new thread of your own in the following section, perhaps giving a bit more background on your situation so that members can more easily give support and advice. Please remember understanding and good suggestions are all to be found here.

GennyWren

Nov 2, 2023
Thank you @Gosling .

Knowing that there is support in forums like this is reassuring. I don't actually do the caring for my mum .. and that's one of the issues. It's a long story which I'm still not sure I can fully share yet. But I have put up my first post so hopefully I can tell the full story one day :). Thank you.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Thank you @Gosling .

Knowing that there is support in forums like this is reassuring. I don't actually do the caring for my mum .. and that's one of the issues. It's a long story which I'm still not sure I can fully share yet. But I have put up my first post so hopefully I can tell the full story one day :). Thank you.
Absolutely, in your own time - only share as and when and what you want to, Take care.