Myra Gordon

Jan 29, 2024
Hi everyone

I'm a newbie and joined because my mum has vascular dementia altzimers.I look after mum with my sister. I can see mum deteriorating quickly now.

I have a chance of a new flat for mum but I was worried that it would be a hugs change for mum

She lives in sheltered housing and an empty flat has come available in the complex
Would this be too much for mum?

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
Hello @Myra Gordon welcome to the support forum.
I’m just wondering why you want to move your mum is she is already in sheltered accommodation?
I suspect that it may be too much for her and then of course you need to consider what happens when she needs full time care. This would mean yet another move. Sheltered accommodation can only support someone with dementia up to a certain point.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @Myra Gordon and welcome to Dementia Support Forum our friendly and helpful community. Given what you have said about her deterioration, I am unsure that your mum would cope in a strange flat. The ability to live independently and perform simple daily living tasks declines as dementia progresses. It seems more likely that your mum will soon need additional care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharks2108