My mom..

@ahskjs_

May 15, 2024
Hey,
My Mom was diagnosed with dementia years ago nearly 8 years ago. She was declining very rapidly until she reached a stage where she is bed ridden, she doesn’t talk, her body is in fetal position, she lost a lot of weight skin and bones, her eyes wanders around the room a lot, I stopped recognizing her anymore.
The thing is her continuous humming and moaning sometimes shouting all of a sudden and goes back to humming. Is or did anyone go through that noises ? If so is there anything I can do to help her? Lately the noises have been like thousands of nails digging in my head I can’t tolerate how much in pain she can be and here I am can’t do nothing about it. P.s we do have a caregiver and my mom lives with us.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome, may I ask if you're posting from the USA, advice may vary about how to get the help you so obviously need right now. K

Collywobbles

Feb 27, 2018
Bear in mind that she may not be perceiving pain as we would any more. Although she gives the outward physical signs of being in pain, she may no longer be aware of it.

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Sending my best wishes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roslynne