My head says one thing my heart says another

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by pevensey, Jun 29, 2019.

1. pevensey

pevensey Registered User

Feb 14, 2012
    Female
    Eastbourne
    I know Gladys, it's so upsetting when they suddenly lash out with nasty comments for no reason, my OH has been doing that when I go to see him while hes on a few weeks emergency respite, I think hes angry at me for him being g there, but it was his GP who made him go when he saw how stressed I was getting. About the AA, I've read of a lot of people having to wait 8 weeks or more to hear if they have been allowed it so I must have been really lucky as I heard within 10 days after I sent all my OH forms in, they rang me and told me I was entitled to the higher rate and the details were in the post.. Take care and stay strong Gladys.

2. pevensey

pevensey Registered User

Feb 14, 2012
    Female
    Eastbourne
    Hi young at heart, sorrynI didnt get back to you sooner. You sound like your really struggling so please please do arrange the respite, you DEFINITLY DO NOT have to feel guilty, but you will feel relieved when you have done it and refreshed while OH is away, but whatever you do don't make the mistake that I've made and go to visit him everyday. Although I've cut it down now by having couple days off inbetween, on the advice of the carers at the care home, also someone on here said that by visiting too often its defeating the object of OH being in respite your not switched of from him. But with me it was the big G letter the guilt thing looming its head. Good luck young at heart, and when thentespite starts, relax, rest, and do all the things you want to do, Let me know how it all goes.