My final plans

lottie1955

May 9, 2014
Ellesmere Port Cheshire
I would like to write down my wishes for my future plans. I think this needs doing whilst im all here in mind and body any suggesting please would be grateful
Sent from my GT-S5830i using Talking Point mobile app

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Good idea Lottie

I think it's an essential thing to do whether suffering from any illness or not. My Daughter is well aware of my wishes if I suffer an illness in the future where I can't take care of myself.(Lovely CH carefully chosen by her) Visits just once a week. For my funeral I want a Humanist one and for my ashes to be released with those of my Husband. I felt a tremendous sense of release when I made my wishes clear to her.

Take care

Lyn T

Beenie

Jan 14, 2013
Surrey
Hi Lottie
I haven't written my wishes down but I have spoken at length to both of my children and my partner. No way do I want them caring for me if I go down the dementia route, I have even chosen the home I would like to go in which I found while looking for respite for my uncle small, friendly and a reasonable price. Iv told them all I will come back and haunt them if they try caring for me themselves xx

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Hi Lottie, when I went on the CrISP course for carers I was given a form / booklet for people with or without dementia to complete stating their wishes for the future. I haven't looked at it in detail but it may serve your purpose. I agree it's a very good idea and does make things easier for the family. So it might be worth contacting Alzheimer's Society as I believe it was their booklet.