My darling mum is free

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Sweet, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Sweet

Sweet Registered User

Jun 16, 2014
    My lovely mum passed away today. She was the most wonderful mother and I love her so much. Three and a half years of being on this dementia path with her has ended and she is free and at peace.

It has been such an emotional journey seeing her change from an independent happy go lucky lady. I've been so lucky that she always remained the gentlest person with the sweetest nature, dementia didn't alter that.

At 92 she'shad a lovely life and family and I'm glad she's free of illness now.

I can't thank everone enough on TP for posting all your experiences. It has been an amazing help for me for all the challenges dementia posed when I felt frightened and overwhelmed by it.

Thank you and best wishes to all of you
    Sweet xxx

2. CJinUSA

CJinUSA Registered User

Jan 20, 2014
    eastern USA
    Such a loving, difficult message. Sweet. Your mother raised a lovely daughter. Peace to you and yours, and sending thoughts of peace to your mother.

3. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I'm sorry to read your news but glad your mum is at peace. Sending my condolences.

4. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    I'm so sorry to read your sad news Sweet. Remember her as the lovely Mother she was-she will be in your heart forever

Take care of yourself

Love

Lyn T XX

5. Pickles53

Pickles53 Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Radcliffe on Trent
    Sending my sympathy to you and all your family. Wishing you peace and strength.

6. brambles

brambles Registered User

Sep 22, 2014
    Female
    NW England
    So very sorry Sweet.

brambles x

7. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Thinking of you xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

8. sleepless

sleepless Registered User

Feb 19, 2010
    Female
    The Sweet North
    I am so sorry for your loss, but glad you are helped by knowing she is at peace, and that she remained her sweet self to the end.

9. jaymor

jaymor Volunteer Moderator

Jul 14, 2006
    Female
    England
    Sending you and your family my sympathy.

10. cold feet

cold feet Registered User

Nov 19, 2010
    Essex
    Sweet, my thoughts will be with you and your family as you come to terms with the loss of your lovely Mum. So pleased she is now at peace, and will suffer no more

Your post has really touched me. Your Mum could be my Mum. She is also 92, and although she is approaching the end of her life, she is still the sweetest, kindest person you could wish for. When I visit this afternoon I will give her a hug as I think of you and your Mum.

Thank you for posting.

11. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    Sweet, a fine passing. Your mother has left the world a better place for having been in it. With Sympathy.x.x

12. angecmc

angecmc Registered User

Dec 25, 2012
    hertfordshire
    Sorry for your loss xx

Ange

13. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    So sorry Sweet.
    Sending you my condolences.

14. Peegee

Peegee Registered User

Jan 22, 2015
    So sorry to hear your sad news. My mum is 94 just come to live with us and she has always been such a sweet natured, agreeable lady. I've only heard stories of how dementia turns people into aggressive and disagreeable individuals. This was my dread, but so nice to hear that this isn't always the case. Thank you for the hope your message has given me. Peegee

15. Soobee

Soobee Registered User

Aug 22, 2009
    South
    sending my condolences to you x

16. dottyd

dottyd Registered User

Jan 22, 2011
    n.e.
    92 ! What a grand age.

Sorry for your loss but I'm glad she had a good life.

17. pumpkin91

pumpkin91 Registered User

Jan 17, 2015
    So sorry for your loss but equally glad that your Mum is now at peace. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you

18. bluejag69

bluejag69 Registered User

Oct 3, 2014
    What a lovely post. I'm sorry for your loss, you obviously loved her so much, she was lucky to have you.
    Take care xxx

19. Ash148

Ash148 Registered User

Jan 1, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland
    I'm both sorry for your loss and glad for your mum's release.

20. VickyG

VickyG Registered User

Feb 6, 2013
    Birmingham
    I'm so sorry for your loss sweet. Sending my condolences x