My darling mum is free

Sweet

Jun 16, 2014
My lovely mum passed away today. She was the most wonderful mother and I love her so much. Three and a half years of being on this dementia path with her has ended and she is free and at peace.

It has been such an emotional journey seeing her change from an independent happy go lucky lady. I've been so lucky that she always remained the gentlest person with the sweetest nature, dementia didn't alter that.

At 92 she'shad a lovely life and family and I'm glad she's free of illness now.

I can't thank everone enough on TP for posting all your experiences. It has been an amazing help for me for all the challenges dementia posed when I felt frightened and overwhelmed by it.

Thank you and best wishes to all of you
Sweet xxx

CJinUSA

Jan 20, 2014
eastern USA
My lovely mum passed away today. She was the most wonderful mother and I love her so much. Three and a half years of being on this dementia path with her has ended and she is free and at peace.

It has been such an emotional journey seeing her change from an independent happy go lucky lady. I've been so lucky that she always remained the gentlest person with the sweetest nature, dementia didn't alter that.

I can't thank everone enough on TP for posting all your experiences. It has been an amazing help for me for all the challenges dementia posed when I felt frightened and overwhelmed by it.

Sweet xxx

Such a loving, difficult message. Sweet. Your mother raised a lovely daughter. Peace to you and yours, and sending thoughts of peace to your mother.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to read your news but glad your mum is at peace. Sending my condolences.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry to read your sad news Sweet. Remember her as the lovely Mother she was-she will be in your heart forever

Take care of yourself

Love

Lyn T XX

cold feet

Nov 19, 2010
Essex
Sweet, my thoughts will be with you and your family as you come to terms with the loss of your lovely Mum. So pleased she is now at peace, and will suffer no more

Your post has really touched me. Your Mum could be my Mum. She is also 92, and although she is approaching the end of her life, she is still the sweetest, kindest person you could wish for. When I visit this afternoon I will give her a hug as I think of you and your Mum.

Thank you for posting.

Peegee

Jan 22, 2015

Sweet xxx

So sorry to hear your sad news. My mum is 94 just come to live with us and she has always been such a sweet natured, agreeable lady. I've only heard stories of how dementia turns people into aggressive and disagreeable individuals. This was my dread, but so nice to hear that this isn't always the case. Thank you for the hope your message has given me. Peegee

pumpkin91

Jan 17, 2015
So sorry for your loss but equally glad that your Mum is now at peace. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you

bluejag69

Oct 3, 2014

Sweet xxx

What a lovely post. I'm sorry for your loss, you obviously loved her so much, she was lucky to have you.
Take care xxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR