My darling Ken

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Dear Tina

So sorry to hear your news, my thoughts are with you both.

Take care
Love Alex xx

bigtom

Sep 19, 2009
bolton lancs
Dear Tina, So so sorry to read this if there is anything i can do you know where i am. my thoughts are with you and ken and your family.

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Tina

So very sorry to hear your news,Ken,you and all your family are in my thoughts,take care Marian xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Dear Tina:
I have just arrived home to read this devastating news. My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope all is being done to keep Ken, and you, comfortable at this difficult time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Dear Tina, so very sorry to hear of your devastating news. Wishing you strength for the days ahead xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Tina,

I have just come home and logged on to read your news:( I am so very sorry and, yes, it does sound very similar to what Alan had:(

It seems that the whole of Talking Point is feeling for you both tonight and that's just how it should be because you have shared your lives with us. I am shocked at the news. I was shocked when I was given the news.

Sending love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Tina

You are the first person who came to my mind on waking Tina. I wonder what kind of a night you will have had. Not good I`m sure.
I can only try to put myself in the same position and it is unbearable.
All I can wish for Ken is he remains pain free, but I know it is hopeless wishing the same for you.
Love xx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
You're right Sylvia I didn't get much sleep last night. Mind racing, thoughts flying around, lots of tears and worry.

Ken is in no pain and is showing no signs of any pain, no breathlessness, no coughing - nothing! He is more tired than usual and that is the only difference either I or the staff at the care home can see. He is falling at least twice a week but this is caused by the parkinson side of his LBD which has greatly affected his walking ability.

This lung cancer diagnosis has come out of the blue really. On August Bank Holiday Friday weekend I had him home to sleep but he increasingly lost the power to walk or get out of the chair so I had to take him back to the home on the Sunday afternoon. My own legs had given out trying to move him around and I was in a lot of pain. I'm awaiting a second operation on the other knee which is causing me problems.

In the early morning of Bank Holiday Monday I got a phone call from the home that Ken had been taken to A & E with a high temp and delerious. That afternoon a Consultant who had seen an x ray told me that he had a pocket of infection in his lungs which was causing his problem and that he felt this would clear up with strong antibiotics.

Ken quickly recovered from this but then I got an appointment for him to have a CAT scan which he had yesterday morning. Yesterday afternoon I learned that he had lung cancer with secondaries.

Without the visit to A & E, I doubt that I would even know that he was so very ill.

Thank you all for your support and I will let you all know how we get on.

xxTinaT

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Tina

Thinking of you both. I hope Ken continues to remain pain-free. As for you, you must be in agonies, physical and mental.

I'll continue to pray for you both.

Love,

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Tina,

that sounds just like what happened to us. Alan walked 5 miles on Boxing Day and there was no sign whatsoever of what he was carrying around - thank goodness:eek: A week or so later he was diagnosed with lung cancer with secondaries and received immediate fast track continuing care.

My thoughts are with you at this time because it only seems like yesterday to me in many respects. If you feel there is any way that I can help, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Love

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwpp