Mum won't go to appointments

Melania

Nov 19, 2023
Does anyone know if I can talk to my Doctor about my mums Dementia, regarding meds.She won't go to any appointments and only takes high blood pressure tablets now and then. She gets quite nasty and hallucinates now and then, she's 91 and lives on her own, thanks

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Melania.

I’m sorry to hear about your mum. Do you have a health and welfare power of attorney for your mum? If you do her GP should talk with you about her health. I didn’t have that for my mum but her GP was very good and was always prepared to talk to me about her day to day health as it was in her best interests. If you don’t have POA and they won’t talk to you I would set down all iof your concerns in a letter and hand it in or send it to the GP. Hopefully they would find a way to act on your concerns without actually talking to you about them.

Melania

Nov 19, 2023
Welcome to the forum @Melania.

I’m sorry to hear about your mum. Do you have a health and welfare power of attorney for your mum? If you do her GP should talk with you about her health. I didn’t have that for my mum but her GP was very good and was always prepared to talk to me about her day to day health as it was in her best interests. If you don’t have POA and they won’t talk to you I would set down all iof your concerns in a letter and hand it in or send it to the GP. Hopefully they would find a way to act on your concerns without actually talking to you about them.
Hi we are in the process of POA me my brother and sister. That's a good idea though never thought of that, thank you x