Mum waking up at night and eating like a horse

Gee7

Aug 28, 2023
This is crazy... I made enough roast chicken, veggies, potatoes to last for around 3-4 days. My Mum went through it all in one night time. She has gone through periods of time of hardly eating at all, to this. Its off the hook! I feel this is such abnormal behaviour that something is wrong. She is a tiny thing, has never had a massive appetite. She tells me she doesn't know what is wrong. She just wakes up with a massive hunger. Wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Palomino

Dec 17, 2023
We're going through a similar issue with my Mum, but more on the sweet foods. She loves chocolate so we bought a whole stack of large bars (should have lasted a least a month) and she ate over a kilo of chocolate in one night. She seems to be constantly eating at the moment. She's going through more milk in a week than my family of 4!

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
We're going through a similar issue with my Mum, but more on the sweet foods. She loves chocolate so we bought a whole stack of large bars (should have lasted a least a month) and she ate over a kilo of chocolate in one night. She seems to be constantly eating at the moment. She's going through more milk in a week than my family of 4!
Hi, how about trying chocolate spread sandwiches in plastic zip bags in the fridge? Bread might fill her up a bit, chocolate spread satisfy the chocolate desire. Could put half a sandwich in each bag so she has a pile to work through. X

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Are you sure your mum is eating this food @maggie6445 ? Does your mum live with you?

Food disappeared when I was looking after my mum and I had no idea where it went.

Once her freezer was full of a variety of food and then it was filled with boxed gateaux from M&S.

I couldn`t find where the food had gone. She wouldn`t have eaten it because some was uncooked

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Are you sure your mum is eating this food @maggie6445 ? Does your mum live with you?

Food disappeared when I was looking after my mum and I had no idea where it went.

Once her freezer was full of a variety of food and then it was filled with boxed gateaux from M&S.

I couldn`t find where the food had gone. She wouldn`t have eaten it because some was uncooked
Hi @Grannie G , my post was in response to @Palomino , but of course you're right,chocolate could be hidden around the house for safe keeping . Unless of course the wrappers were there as evidence 😂
Always value your advice, been reading your posts for a couple of years before joining .

Palomino

Dec 17, 2023
Hi, how about trying chocolate spread sandwiches in plastic zip bags in the fridge? Bread might fill her up a bit, chocolate spread satisfy the chocolate desire. Could put half a sandwich in each bag so she has a pile to work through. X
Thanks @maggie6445 - we've actually now got the chocolate in a lock box and the carers give her some small amounts several times a day.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shellby